Thread: Acclaim switches ..pls help??

Unhappy Acclaim switches ..pls help??

hi all...

i ve got some ACCLAIM switches for testing.......acclaim FR3200 access device and an acclaim 2000 etherwan switch.....but i cudnt find any documentation on the internet bout ACCLAIM COMMUNICATIONS....if anybody has any docs....pls help me out......

thanks

regards

Hi backtolife 119,

This seems to be the one you want...

Acclaim Communications, LAN/WAN switching/routing (eg EtherWAN), network management,
    ... promotion, Web information/tutorials, etc., Brockport, NY, US. ...
    www.cmpcmm.com/companies/letters/a.html - 101k - 1 Aug 2005
    http://www.cmpcmm.com/companies/letters/a.html
    Computer and Communication Companies ("A" entries)

Eg

hi...
    thanks for the help , but when i followed the hyperlink acclaiminc.com , its showing something else...i read that the company is no more , so cant expect to access the site....i wantd to know if somebody had worked on acclaim products or happen to know bout it......i searched the whole internet ,but cudnt find nething!!!!

anyway thanks for taking the time to reply

regards
    back

Hi backtolife,

Acclaim Communications, LAN/WAN switching/routing (e.g. EtherWAN), network management, Santa Clara, CA, US...is no. 23 on this list...

http://www.webstart.com/cgi-sys/cgiw...erm.pl?network
    Organizations

same site.

Eg

hi..
    i think tats the same site!!!!

thanks

Hi backtolife,

Do me a favor and put this...just copy n' paste : Acclaim Communications, LAN/WAN switching/routing...into google...it'll take you to the page you want...I tried to link to the page but I'm having a few problems linking...

Eg

Let me know if you get there.

Edit: on the page I asked you to link to I found this...

INTEL TO ACQUIRE LEVEL ONE
    Intel will acquire Level One Communications, a developer of LAN/WAN silicon devices, in stock-for-stock merger valued at about $2.2 billion. Level One's silicon portfolio includes SDH overhead terminators, HDSL chipsets, multi-rate DSL chipsets and data pumps, T1/E1 transceivers/repeaters, switched 56/DDs chips, Ethernet controllers/hubs/repeaters, Ethernet Phys and multi-layer switching and routing silicon solutions. The company is based in Sacramento, California. Last July, Intel and Level One announced a partnership to develop complimentary Gigabit Ethernet products designed for Category 5 copper wiring. In November, Level One acquired Jato Technologies for its multi-speed Gigabit Ethernet controller technology as well as its expertise in implementing network algorithms and protocols in silicon. Earlier last year, Level One acquired San Jose-based Acclaim Communications, a provider of Layer 2/3/4 Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet switches and Integrated Multi Service Access Products. http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archi...s/Cn030499.htm
    Intel, March 4, 1999
    The company was acquired by Level One and is now part of Intel.

hello..

ya i can follow the link...but it leads u nowhere but to acclaiminc.com which is hosting all lotsa things other than the usual acclaim....think the site s been sold.....

thanks

Hi backtolife,

Guess you missed my edit

Eg

ya...

Intel has taken over the company....i checked out the intel site....but no info regarding level one or acclaim products.!!!!!

thanks