remote access/control
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: remote access/control

remote access/control

hi i run a small little network and i would like to be able to take control of machines on the network with permission of those sitting on it (pre-configed of course) and i would also like to be able to just watch what they are doing does anyone know of a programe when i was can at college we used macs and there was a really good one but i cant remember what it was called i just remember little eyes popup in the task bar..

anyway guys and gals thank you for you time

Lee

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi dustybunny,

It would help if you gave us some more information...eg. operating systems, etc...

Eg

:) thnk you

hey guys,

we are running windows xp SP2 on all machines the machines will meet any min spec requirements . any other info needed..???

Dusty

If you're running XP Pro on the machines, you can turn on Remote desktop and access them through that. The console will show that the machine is locked while it is in remote mode. As for spying I don't know.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Depending what country you are working in you can get into hot water for spying on employees without permission/prior warning or due cause.

Best check your legal position before you snoop too far.

i know what u mean

HI,

i mean i will have their permission, it is written in the contracts about our it systems ect... i mean i want to be able to just swich on and view and control and check what there doing .... ect

Dusty

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Lot's of app's to look into.

VNC
    DameWare
    Microsoft SMS

Legality and ethical behavior are serious considerations for your request...

P.S. Those little symbols on your keyboard, the ones that are NOT letters or numbers...don't be afraid to use them.
    http://tinyurl.com/cze7f
    http://tinyurl.com/c6jys
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Originally posted here by zencoder

P.S. Those little symbols on your keyboard, the ones that are NOT letters or numbers...don't be afraid to use them.
    LOL /me steals zencoders line for future use!

Seriously Zencoder SMS for a small network? Anyway thanks for the laugh.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by dinowuff
    LOL /me steals zencoders line for future use!

Seriously Zencoder SMS for a small network? Anyway thanks for the laugh.
    My suggestion for SMS is about as appropriate as his post indicating he has "permission and his intentions are legitimate".
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

i run a small little network and i would like to be able to take control of machines on the network
    i mean i will have their permission
    If you run the network, what permission do you need? I'm sorry, I'm just having a little difficulty with this.. perhaps further and a more detailed explanation will help me to better understand.
    Space For Rent.. =]