Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello everybody!!!

hello everybody!!!

I'm a computer tech for 3 yrs. and I would like explore more about "Computer" and all concern that can help me, i hope every can help me..... thanks...

I would to know how can repair a laptop that can't recognize his driver (Gateway 9300), it compatible only in win98, win NT and win 2000 but I installed win XP but can't detect the inter modem, hope for your help..... thanks a lot....

Hi rerimando.

Do I understand you correctly?...you installed XP in a laptop that was compatible only with 98, NT, and 2000 ? Why ?

Eg

it might be that your laptop is only compatible with windows 98/ME....

regarding what you have post that it is compatible with win98, win nt, win 2000 but when you installed win xp you cant install the driver for your internal modem...

first win nt, win 2000, win xp are nt system they cant be compatible with win98/ME.

nt systems are different from win98se/98/me.

try to search if the laptop is for win 98 or for win nt system. it might be that your laptop hardware manufacturer's stop the development of the nt system drivers.... try to reinstall win98 and see what will happen. thanks

When I install win 98 it can't install the video & sound driver so I installed win XP but it can't detect the internal modem, can you help me configure this or can you give a driver of (Gateway 9300 Part No. 35000547)

And how can I detect if the battery fact is not working, the battery is charging but can't open when not connected to the adaptor... thanks....

Hi rerimando.

Sorry...I realized what you were saying after I posted and then my browser froze on me before I could edit...

Drivers...http://members.driverguide.com/drive...driverid=55883
    DriverGuide.com

more specifically...

http://list.driverguide.com/list/MAC/company424/
    Gateway Drivers - Gateway Mac Drivers

Eg

Do you know what kind of internal modem it is?

Have you looked here?
    http://support.gateway.com/support/s...le=mo_mod.html

eg: Do you have to pay to become a member at driverguide? I was always under that impression, so I never visited their links.

If worse comes to worse... you can get an external card for your laptop.
    I think pcmcia modems are around US$30-40
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Eg, I think that driver is for ME not XP.

Relyt, where ? The heat makes me prone to stupidity, but I think your link is only an unanswered question.

Other references to this machine show a 3 com mini modem, and that particular one has no XP driver.

http://www.helpdrivers.com/ingles/li...m&perif=modems

Hi phishphreek80,

Not that I'm aware of...I accessed their Gateway page with no problem.

Eg

Hi hesperus,

I wasn't suggesting that particular driver in the page I was merely trying to access the page where he could look for his driver.

Eg

Relyt: I saw that link too... but I didn't see links to the actual driver?

Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    Hi phishphreek80,

Not that I'm aware of...I accessed their Gateway page with no problem.

Eg
    I've been able to access their driver LIST, but when I click to download... I get a "you are not yet a member... have driver sent to your for only $1.99" and I back off. It might be nice to have all the drivers in one spot... but if they have them, they can also be found elsewhere...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Hi Everyone,

Here is the full list of Gateway drivers...can you spot the right one?

http://list.driverguide.com/list/company424/index.html
    Gateway Drivers - Gateway Windows Drivers

Eg

Hi phishphreek80,

Connection running real slow today...didn't see your post until after I posted...I looked around for another site..is the Gateway Solo 9300 the same thing?

Eg