is it a piece of junk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it a piece of junk

Question is it a piece of junk

ok well here goes nothin. obviously i'm new to this site.i am unfimiler what post is soposta go where so i'm just going to stick this under general chit chat. My boyfriend bought me a mac a cupple months back because he thought i should get a new computer.now mind you i had never used a mac until that point and i saw them as pointless.from what i understood they are stricktly for artsy ppl which i am not, but he is so that's what he got me.Is there any little perks or tweaks i can do to this dam thing to actually make it fun, or is it just a piece of junk i should just smile to my boyfriend about and pretend it's the best thing in the world?
    Scream If This Hurts Chica.

What do you want to do, you can do everything you want to do on a windows PC, i just don't like the menus on Macs....
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi forgetvengence,

AUGGGGH! My Eyes! I must be going blind

Here you go...

http://www.eiu.edu/~philos/retro/mac/looknfeel.htm
    Mac System Tweaks

Eg

Hello forgetvengeance and wellcome to AO,

My boyfriend bought me a mac a cupple months back because he thought i should get a new computer
    And just because you cannot put it on your finger does not mean that it is not an engagement ring

Congratulations to you both!

EDIT: In my case I made the foolish mistake of buying an engagement ringbefore the Apple

For future reference, as Egaladeist tried to hint at, please use default black when posting in the future, the only way I could read that mess was after I highlighted it

I guess the main question is what copy asked you... What profession are you going after or what do you want to use this computer for? What would you use a windows pc for? Almost all applications are available on the mac just harder to find. If you have one of the newer OS's that apple has then its based off of a *nix platform and can be accessed via the CLI and is a powerful capability
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

well i'm hoping to eventually get into the journalism field.

Flash M0nkey
    you can pretty much do anything on a mac that you can do on a PC its just that (As mentioned above oit can be a lil harder to find the dif programs as there isn't as much demand for them I use both on a regular basis and it did take me a while to get used to the mac but now i am i don't really notice much of a difference

very funny valhallen

is this a new posting trend?

Dear god, i hope not.
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    HA! Try to read this!

Eg

poor forgetvengance,

we're having fun and we forgot about the guy.
    hope his question was answered!
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!