Thread: Html

Hey everyone.I would like to learn Html, where would be the best place or book for me to do this at/with?
    Scream If This Hurts Chica.

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    Have a look at the "for dummies" series of books.............please do not be put of by the titles

They mean that they start from basics

Regal Making Handler
    Here is a good online resorce:
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    What about a local community college?

Quite a few will run introduction to web design courses which might be a good way to get started. When you've got the basics sorted you'll find HTML quite easy to pick up.

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi forgetvengance,

These might help...
    HTML: An Interactive Tutorial - Dave's HTML Code Guide - Learn to ...
    HTML Goodies HTML Tutorials & Javascript -
    Introduction to HTML: Table of Contents
    Writing HTML
    NCSA -- A Beginner's Guide to HTML
    HTML Code Tutorial - Free Reference Guide for Help with HTML Tags ...

admittedly, I didn't review all these sites before posting but...I'm sure you'll find some good tutorials in a few of these sites.

I found HTML 4 for the World Wide Web: Visual QuickStart Guide by Elizabeth Castro to be a great book to learn the basics. Very easy to read and create.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Pacific Northwest

The folks previous to this post have provided you with great references and starting points. I would only add that there's a wealth of knowledge just behind all the lipstick and makeup of web sites. If you are using Firefox, just click on view, then click on page source, and if you have a printer attached, click on file then print. That's another way to study and learn how the stuff actually works and how Java Script is employed as well.

Connection refused, try again later.

I'd start off with checking out with Egaladeists links. Then go with Relyt's advice. Finally, end it off with checking out AO's Tutorial section. Do a little searching around the website and you might find some good tutorials.
    Space For Rent.. =]

While I agree with everyone's advice, I agree mostly with nihil. I have the HTML for dummy's book and I must say it is a valuable resource. It is also nice to just have that book handy in case you forgot a peice of code or something, just open the book and look it up.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools