Thread: Running your PC on OS X

Running your PC on OS X

Imagine if your next Mac cost you only $300, and ran faster than any G4 or G5 you've ever used.

That future may already be unfolding: Hackers have found a way to bypass a chip designed to prevent the Mac OS from running on non-Apple PCs, which are often cheaper than Macs.
    "Apple wants to avoid the word getting out that (MacIntels) are just PCs, and that (OSx86) works on PCs," said Steil.
    http://www.dailyrotation.com/cgi-bin...s%2008-12-2005
    Mac Hacks Allow OS X on PCs

I just noticed Noia's petition thread so I'll include it here as well...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=269865
    AntiOnline - OS X to x86 petition.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    The TPM module they discuss sounds like a form of DRM. So right away, I'm against it and say "go OSx86 project!" Also, I bet Steve Jobs is scared of OS/X running natively on PC hardware. Not because it will do well and be popular in it's own circles (it will), but because it could pull the collective wrath of Microsoft that has been pointed at the Linux movement thus far.

/* Edit */
    I'm downloading the torrent now.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore