Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sport and Why !

boxing (kick and regular) and billiards (pocket)

they're both one-on-one and require great skill
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    I love cross-country running. The harder the better....steep hills, rocky terrain, dirt, gravel, sand, creek bottoms...it just makes it more challenging. To me, running is the ultimate sport...man against man.

Now, if I had to watch a sport, it would definitely be hockey....hockey, and beer!
    Also love to watch the Tour de France!

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Hockey and any kind of racing (particularly NASCAR). Both are fast-paced and exciting to watch.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Originally posted here by Spyder32
    Hockey and any kind of racing (particularly NASCAR). Both are fast-paced and exciting to watch.
    Gotta disagree with the NASCAR being fast paced... You watch them go in circles for 2 hours then finally see a wreck

My favorite sport would probably be soccer/football... That or Skateboarding... Probably because I enjoy doing both...
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

wrestling; freestyle, not professional garbage.

There is no excuses, no other teammates to blame (aka hockey, football, no hardware to go awry, nothing but you and the opponent.

Uses more muscles than cycling or runnning or any other one on one sport, requires more strategy than any other sport, it's just mano a mano, and muscles don't mean victory, like weight lifting, etc.

This is the ultimate sport. No equipment like golf, or other **** to muddle with the results.

Other than the age old irrartional homophobe (aka water polo jock) argument "guys rolling around with other guys" I can't think of any even remotely rational argument against wrestling.

peace
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

So anybody want to play some Mayan Ball

Talk about your life being on the line ...

There is no excuses, no other teammates to blame (aka hockey, football, no hardware to go awry, nothing but you and the opponent.
    Sounds a lot like the great game of chess ...
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

This one is cool:

It was made up by me and some friends a few years ago. The object was to start a police chase and get away. Ummmm, yea so it was kind of stupid, but it was 3 AM,a nd I was bored so we all stood by a street light on a main road, and waited for a cop to go by. When one would, we all ran like hell.

Great for burning calories. Cops go by this road a lot, and after 10 minutes the first cop went by and we were all standing by this street light and as he went by we all ran like hell. this was pre checked, like looking at what roads to run down, and checking to make sure they were dark and had hiding places, and after all that was figured out we started playing.

Man it was fun. A cop would drive by and we all ran to see what he would do, and all of a sudden he just turns around in thje middle of the road and starts chasing after us so we broke up into teams and ran like hell. Me and my best friend ran together and hopped over into more yards than a crack head with a VCR.

If anyone got caught the excuse was going to be they were trying to get me in shape and I just left work and couldn't run at any other time and since working midnights was normal, it was believable.

Now ummm, pretty much everyone had a bright colored mohawk of some sort, so it was hard to run away and we all smoke so that didn't help any. We played for like an hour and then decided to walk to a store to get drinks. On the way back a cop went by, saw us, slowed down, picked up his radio, then turned around back towards us so we all ran like **** and it was FUN.

Except that last time, as I was running, I realised I forgot to put my stash in my car, so I was like **** I'M GOING TO JAIL IF THEY CATCH ME! Then we took off and ran to someone's house and stayed there for a few hours.

Another sport I like is racing. Bikes, Cars, whatever, I love it. I've only lossed a few times because I was stupid enough to do 120 MPH on a wet rainy freeway

And of course shooting. Not hunting, just shooting things that were made into targets, heh.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    To watch?

MotoGP or superbikes.
    British Touring cars are good too.

To play?
    I like squash, cycling and I used to be good at fullbore rifle shooting when I was under 18.
    I used to ride motorbikes (does that count as a sport?) till I sold it earlier this year. Only crashed once only doing about 40mph. Teach me for going for a thrash in January.

1st Fav - Rollerblading
    why? - I like it.

2nd Fav - Hockey
    why? - I like it. Made a decision to never watch it again though because if the American strikes. Now that it's back though....

3rd - American Football
    Why? - I like it, It's watching Battle Chess.

//EDIT Oh and show me a tooka that doesn't like hocky?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

I like Beach Volleyball, Tennis, and Olympic Swimming & Track/Field.

I can only watch football/basketball/baseball for the SuperBowl/Finals/HomeRunDerby
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!