Thread: Mac???

Mac???

greetings...

what i know is that PC is working with DOS and what I dont know if the Macintosh is also operated by DOS...???

My PC dont use DOS.... it does have a Command Line interface CLI (cause it is a *Nix Box, currently Knoppix)
    Even my Winbloze XP PC dont use DOS.. .. it does have a Command Line interface CLI
    and my MAc dont use DOC.. it does have a Command Line interface CLI

next question.. .. do you want to know what sort of CLI your Mac uses? and how to use it?
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

coz i checked the Mac and it is just composed of icons... i didn't even see a dos command same as in PC. Is this command are hidden?

Jeckgo

coz i checked the Mac and it is just composed of icons... i didn't even see a dos command same as in PC. Is this command are hidden?
    You are quite right, only fifth dan CLI masters are allowed to use it. The GUI you see links to it invisibly in the background. This is for novices

CLI = Command line interface (type the instructions in)
    GUI = Graphical User Interface (click icon and instructions are automatically submitted)

Obviously if people want to do more or less the same thing every time, and very few different things, the GUI is the way to go. It saves a lot of time typing stuff in, particularly if you are not a very good typist (like me )

Whilst I am here:

DOS = Disk Operating System, which is a command line interface..........in bigger machines you will come across CLP (Command Language Programming), CL (Command Language), OCL (Operator's Command Language) and a variety of others..................they all do the same sort of stuff