GCC toggle

Thread: GCC toggle

GCC toggle

I remember, back in the day, when GCC and other such zany forums were on the front page, I understand fully why they were removed, however, I think it would be nice if it could be a user option to pick which forums display on the front page. It shouldn't be a hard pice of code, so I imagine it could be done within an hour or so.

I just want to pick some of the forums that appear on the front page, for example, non-Linux users shouldn't need linux forums on their front page.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Banned
    Ok... I worked all night on this, and finally got it done especially for you, Noia! http://antionline.com/showforumlist.php?s=

Oh wait, it's been there for years

Banned
    How about this... start getting rid of a few features along with some other stuff that is obviously cluttering this site and causeing navagational problems. These site features and all this content is really starting to cover my view of all these nice & pretty looking ads

We dont need, lets say, two or three search bars at the bottom of each page. Security news at the top is no longer needed since well... we recently got a place to post those, did we not? The blue scrollbar is crap and doesn't go well with AO's older play-doh'-container look. We could have kept the purple logo with a change in the phrase. Thread AP is and always was a joke... its just another ugly object that hangs on the top of pages here. (ect)...

With the way things are going im surprised JupM hadn't redone the whole ask bub thing.

Re: GCC toggle

Originally posted here by Noia

I just want to pick some of the forums that appear on the front page, for example, non-Linux users shouldn't need linux forums on their front page.
    Not necessarily!

Negative's work looks really decent ....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Yep, almost 1000 posts and 3 years down the line and I'm still an AO n00b :P

* hits Negative with a rubber mallet for being a smart arse *

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Wow, 1000? After reading this thread, I figured 1001 was your post-count in binary or something.

*ba-dump-bump-crash*

Thanks folks, thank you very kindly, I'm here all week. Try the veal, and make certain to tip your waitstaff.

It's a good thing I got this security gig...I'd starve as a comic.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

lmao! Indeed you would :P