Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Stucked Key"

"Stucked Key"

Stuck Key.... What's this???

this is the problem of my keyboard... when i press key "e", it's not working.... but it's typing automatically like this: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and so on.....
    even my pc is in idle...

Is this really in keyboard problem or it is caused by virus...???

Please help me... am sicked of it...

Troubleshooting 101 - Try attaching another keyboard and see what happens. If you don't have one see if you can borrow one from some one.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

IF the key gets stuck in the keyboard then obviusl it's a keyboard problem. dont spill anymore coke in there. put the key-board in a dish-washer, let it wash and take it back out and wait a day-two for it to dry....
    O.G at A.O

* looks at ©opy®ight... *

Dishwasher?!?!
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

It will work, just don't let it go through the "Dry " cycle, you'll end up with a puddle of plastic.

Cheers:
    DjM

You could pop the "e" key out and clean the crud out.
    Mad Beaver

Personally...I find the best method for cleaning a keyboard is to pick it up by one end and repeatedly smash it on a counter until all the particles of dust are dislodged...then spray it with the garden hose and let it dry on the clothesline.

Eg

Hmm, thanks for all the hardware and operating system information, I do so love having to sacrifice live chickens and examine their entrails to find things out

Turn it upside down and slap it smartly several times on the bottom. This problem can be caused by metallic objects like staples and paperclips. That should shift them.

Failing that you need some isopropyl alcohol spray and an old newspaper. Spray the keyboard thoroughly and place it face down on the newspaper. Leave for 24 hours.

If that doesn't work, bin the board and buy a new one..................and get yourself a "pelican"

i forgot to tell you that i have a problem on my Laptop.... so how can i clean that keyboard? It should be the authorized technician can open that...

Originally posted here by Jeckgo
    i forgot to tell you that i have a problem on my Laptop.... so how can i clean that keyboard? It should be the authorized technician can open that...
    Well the dishwasher and the garden hose are kind of out of the question now.

What's the make of the laptop mate?

Cheers:
    DjM