Windows Vista to end the need for reinstalling due to "WinRot?"

Thread: Windows Vista to end the need for reinstalling due to "WinRot?"

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄

There are many purported reasons for so-called "WinRot," ranging from registry corruption to "DLL Hell" to disk fragmentation, and there are plenty of entertaining rants about WinRot available for your perusal.

One commonly accepted cause for WinRot is "DLL Hell"—a term referring to the myriad problems of managing DLL libraries. Multiple versions of the same DLL can cause any number of problems in Windows, from crashes to random performance problems. Related, and sometimes confused with this, are problems relating to uninstalled software, drivers, and utilities that can haunt a computer. Have you ever tried uninstalling a Norton product? That'll bring you WinRot in no time.

Microsoft is hoping to rid itself of rot with Windows Vista, although one wonders if their proposed solutions will do much good. Windows Vista will automatically defragment hard drives, use a new feature called SuperFetch to load frequently used programs into memory before they are needed, and utilize a new control panel applet to help identify specific areas that are causing performance problems. Furthermore, .NET and WinFX are being designed with DLL Hell in mind—something they have been waiting for since .NET was released.
    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050808-5181.html

Eg

Vista undoubtably will require HDD space like never before and of course lots of memory. So why not have some
    self-healing feature to counter user errors, virii, etc.? Somthing like, "Unexpected changes have made the OS unstable, logout so I can restore your OS." Maybe a combination of WinPatrol and an automated recovery console?

Anyway thanks for the read.

~cheers~
    Connection refused, try again later.

Somthing like, "Unexpected changes have made the OS unstable, logout so I can restore your OS."
    becasue then MS would stop getting kickbacks from big repair companies. Also, if they give that service away, they couldnt sell it. And it would probably have tons of false positives. Also, the repair itself may cause more damage then good (i.e. "restoring your os" could actually be "im deleting this vital software you just loaded hahahahhaha")
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

becasue then MS would stop getting kickbacks from big repair companies.
    [jk]hey the cash, in unmarked bills I send of the MS each year is not a kick back .. it is a guarentee on going employment.. ahh ahh..no its my msce update fees.. yeh yeh thats it..[/jk]

Realy though.. I smell another Windows Me, or a Windows 2.. looks nice gerenraly works ok.. but a bloody dog.. the features that are the super saviour of PC's kills it performance or causes its own unique problems ..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr