Need another video host

Thread: Need another video host

King Tutorial-ankhamun

Need another video host

Droops has been kind enough to let me use his bandwidth for a few months now, but itís getting to the point where my videos are sucking up too much of his bandwidth. Iím looking for a new place to host the videos. Ideas? Iím more than willing to let the host put a small ad at the bottom of each video page. I think itís too the point where the videos are taking a few 100 gigs of transfer per month (not sure of the exacts, but Droops will let me know soon). Thanks to Droop for letting me host my videos for so long on his dime.

Flash M0nkey
    I would help if I could but that'd kill my bandwith - lol

but I did find this

All Free accounts come with:
    100MB space
    Unlimited bandwidth
    FTP Access
    Web-Based File Manager
    WYSIWYG Page Builder
    http://www.newfreehost.com/

I dont know if the 100meg is going to be an issue (maybe sign up a few times - once for each video) but it was the unlimited bandwith that caught my eye - and its free

or if you wanted I could prolly throw together a phpmySQL script which would track number of views to each video and then get a group of users to allot a certain amount of bandwith they wish to donate and the script can then judge who is still below their bandwith alotment and redirect them to the correct page

thats if you can get a group of people to give over a lil bit of bandwith each.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Thanks, all the videos together are 78.4 MB right now.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Not very user friendly considering the type of content.

errr....
    about new free host
    My site is database-driven and uses 50 GB per month in transfer. Can I simply use a host with an unlimited transfer plan for $10 per month?

No. Most hosts are in business to make money and they would lose money hosting your site. They have to pay from $0.3 to $5 per GB of transfer to upstream providers themselves. Almost all hosts that have "unlimited" plans specify in their acceptable use policies that no site can use an "excessive" amount of resources. If you use too much disk space, bandwidth, or CPU time, these "unlimited" hosts will ask you to upgrade or leave.
    dont think you can host there. Also some hosts dont accept "linking"... you cant host files there and link from another place....
    Meu sŪtio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Why not get them on archive.org?

http://www.archive.org/details/movies
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    It's VERY awkward to use.