Thread: Good Morning America!

Good Morning America!

Ok all you mates in the U.K. say good morning to America tomorrow for the launch of BBC Radio 1 to a few of us who will be up and listening. This IS very exciting to some geeks out there...

RADIO 1 USA
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Regal Making Handler
    Road, radio 1 lost it ages ago radio 2 is where it's all at these days mate...
    Anyway as a geek, why wait(time shifting) get it live:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Sure, give us the "hand me downs". Sods. I admit I liked Radio 2 better but maybe it's because me/you are old Jinxy. Radio 1 ruled circa 1989. Now Radio 1 is all electronica.... but still a refreshing breath of UK modern pop culture? Does this recess my excitement? Not at all mate! Could use some live BBC style studio jaunts.

I know there is a live 'net feed. Good deal there.... but this is on my home unit so set back and enjoy my breakfast Yankee Doodle Style. In about 8 more hours...

//EDIT oh I debated the time shifting issue when the whole thing was a rumor a few months back. But hell New York and LA won. *******s.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Aw, just too late to catch the crazy frog 'phenomenon'

Are they going to send across Radio Scotland?
    My mate does the Drive Time show at 5pm.

Well, I completely enjoyed the drive in this morning with Chris Moyles. Crisp music I never heard before along with some tunes on the American College market. A little more hip hop than I would like on the show after Chris but overall FANTASTIC.

We were made fun of several times, they played Living In America at the start of the feed and a caller said hello in Welsh. Chris said Americans can't comprehend English so we shouldn't start them on Welsh yet. lol.

Anyway BBC changed their Sirius sweeper from National Radio 1 to International Radio 1. Hats off.
    West of House

After a couple of days I can say. I like this station. Sure there is a lot of dance music but it's good stuff. Some dude names Zane did the most awesome rock, hip hop, twizted mega mix I have ever hear. Live.

... and admin can close and delete this thread of they desire.
    West of House

Hi RoadClosed,

and admin can close and delete this thread of they desire.
    Tell the truth now...you just want to keep this a secret for yourself ...delete the thread...not on yer life !

Eg

Truthfully I am consumed by Sirius radio. It's kind of a silly thread me rambling about BBC1 and music. Oh but wait my Canadian cyber friend! Sirius will launch in Canada. One of your magazines reported it and us Sirius heads have been discussing it. In fact it will carry CFL games. Sirius already had Hocky. CBC Radio? Could be sweet.
    West of House