Thread: pc hangs up

pc hangs up

hi guys i have this problem...

a pc when you are using it it doent hangup...
    even if you are using it for many hours.
    here's the problem when you are using the pc its own its way to its normal condition and good performance but when you stop using the pc itslef for about 15-30 mins. it hangs up....
    the pc totally hangs up

post pls. thanks guys.

Have you ran an anti-spyware and anti-virus program ? What kind of programs are you running ?
    O.G at A.O

Sounds like it is going into standby/hibernation mode - there is a lot of issues with this as certain drivers etc stop windows hibernating and cause the PC to crash or freeze.

Have a look at your power options in the control pannel where you can turn this off or make the defauklt timings longer before it goes into this mode.

i tried it already to figure it out if it is a malware but i checked already. there was no infection thanks

im thinking about this power option in control im not positive about this. Ill try!!!!
    and ill observed in this case guys thanks...

I am inclined to go with Nokia on this one as I have come across it numerous times.

1. Go into setup and turn off all powersaving/power management options.
    2. Go into your operating system power management options and set the machine to always on.
    3. Set the screensaver to "none"

If it still locks, look at background or scheduled tasks, it could be a "deadly embrace"

thanks guys for the post...
    i think its main ac line coming from the socket i checked the voltage using a digital multitester i measured 260 v.. ohhh its too high for a 220 v 60 hz. I tried to open the pc in another ac line socket it doesn't hang up anymore.. I think my costumers needs an electrician to fix her problem.

thanks!!!

That is definatly not what is causing it to hang. First off the PSU would regulate the voltage to what it need, significantly less than 220V goes to your mother board, the resisiters in the PSU drop it to what it needs.

If it was to high for the PSU to handle quite simply a fuse would blow in the psu and nothing would work untill you replaced it.

The fact that it powers up at all and work ok initially says there is not a power problem or it would not strat in the first place.

I would look at the soulutions me and Nihil have mentioned.

I think that Nokia is right.

Normally if you have a power supply problem you will get a blown fuse, fried components, shutdown, reboot or whatever.

I cannot say I have heard of this causing the system to hang particularly if it has been running OK for a while.

You did say that the machine works fine if you keep on using it?................if it were power supply then you would get the problem when you were using it as well as when it had been left idle.

I guess when you tried the other socket you did not leave the system idle for long enough.

Obviously if your customer has a defective socket then you should advise her to get it fixed as it is a potential fire hazard.

Hi Allenb~

To me, old chum, thats a dead giveaway indicating a bad setting somewhere in DUN.
    That is certainly an interesting thought. Jin~ did not say whether the machine was connected to the internet at the time?

Presumably you could test it by disconnecting from the internet, booting, and waiting to see if it still hangs?

I have not encountered such a problem myself. The default over here seems to be "never", probably because a lot of our dial-up is pay per minute, and locks the phone line so people only stay connected as long as they are actually using the service. We don't have free local calls here

Interesting possibility though, and certainly worth bearing in mind..............thanks

Old Fart
    Note to self...quit reading threads during insomnia attacks....
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...