Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: driver_power_state_failure

driver_power_state_failure

i had recently reformatted my pc and it was working fine for a week... no new softwares or hardwares no new drivers other then what was on the pc b4 i reformatted it... it is running on win xp pro...

pls advice

Git' lucky. Try google. First link to Microsoft Support.

whatever878787 Hello and welcome to AO.

I am afraid that I do not understand your post. You have put it in the "Operating Systems" forum, which implies a software problem, and your post title is:
    driver_power_state_failure
    A driver is a program (software) but power state is a hardware issue?

Can you tell us:

1. What happens when you boot your machine?
    2. What you see on the screen.
    3. The exact wording of any messages
    4. The number of BIOS beeps you get
    5. What BIOS you are using
    6. What little lights come on or don't come on, and are they steady or flickering?

What is, or is not happening that makes you think that there is a problem?

Thank you

EDIT:

I have had a chance to look at this. It sounds as if you are using Roxio CD software?

When you reformatted you probably lost the update, so you might like to check their site.

Otherwise, this is supposed to be a patch

http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/...rStateFail.exe

EDIT#2

I think I have worked it out......................there seems to be an error in the error message

It should read:

"DRIVE " , not "driver"

hesperus, i had googled and went to MS and the solution they gave wasnt working...

nihil, when i shut down the pc it just give me the dead blue screen saying "DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE"

i m not using ROXIO

1. What happens when you boot your machine? it boots normally just that when i shut down the pc the err comes out in a blue screen
    2. What you see on the screen. "DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE" with a bunch of stuff down there
    3. The exact wording of any messages "DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE"
    4. The number of BIOS beeps you get no beeps
    5. What BIOS you are using amibios
    6. What little lights come on or don't come on, and are they steady or flickering? power light steady... hdd light not on

thanks for the prompt reply...

OK, I would say that it is something to do with your CD drive, or another peripheral.

I would visit the CD manufacturer's site and see if there is any new firmware/drivers for it.

You say you have XP pro, what Service Pack is it at?

Do you have ant USB devices attached when this happens?

Can you give me the error codes that are beneath the message

Cheers

Hi whatever878787,

This should help...

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_ulhr.asp
    Common Stop Messages

Eg

Originally posted here by whatever878787

2. What you see on the screen. "DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE" with a bunch of stuff down there
    Would you think that posting the entire error message might be able to help people solve your problem? That "bunch of other stuff" is detailing what the fault is and could be rather helpful, dont you think?

checked and there is no new firmwares/drivers for my peripheral
    the box is running on xp pro SP 2
    no USB device is attached when it happened. (ps: it happened everytime i try to shut down the pc)

a problem has been detected and windows had been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE if this is the first time you seen this stop error screen restart your computer. if this screen appears again follow this step. check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed if this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer.

if problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode....

Technical Info: ***STOP: 0x0000009F (0x00000500, 0x00000002, 0x8290C930, 0x82F28900)

Hi whatever,

You say you haven't installed anything...right?

Every place I look it comes down to faulty installation...and I've looked at a few sites.

Are you the ONLY person that has access to this computer...could anyone else have recently used your machine to download/install something?

Aunt, Uncle, Parent, brother, sister, cat, anybody?

Stop 0x9F messages can occur after installing faulty applications or drivers or system services.
    from link above.

Eg

OK,

Boot into setup, and in the BIOS turn off the power management options.

Go into Windows and set the computer to always on, turn off sleep, hibernate and all that.

Set the screensaver to "none"

Then let me know what happens