Life began in Canada !!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life began in Canada !!!!

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄

Life began in Canada !!!!

The "eureka" moment--the idea that meteor impacts could benefit or even create conditions suitable for the beginning of early life--occurred when CSA geologist Gordon Osinski and his colleagues were surveying the rim of the crater and saw what looked like fossilized hydrothermal pipes. Hydrothermal systems are thought of by many as favorable places for life to evolve.

Coincidentally or not, life is believed to have emerged on Earth around 3.8 billion years ago, about the same time as the heaviest meteor bombardments on the planet. The impact craters of most of these blasts have long since eroded.
    http://news.com.com/Is+Canada+the+cr...7496&subj=news
    Is Canada the cradle of life? | CNET News.com

Does this mean we get royalties?

Eg

saw what looked like fossilized hydrothermal pipes
    Hydrothermal systems are thought of
    life is believed to have emerged on Earth around 3.8 billion
    You know I was walking yesterday by the lake and saw what looked like a fossilized hydrothermal pipes ... humm and then I thought to myself God this must be it ... Then I took a big guess and was like hummm 3.999999.999 1/2 billion years sounds good ....

hahaha

Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

If life began in Canada then they havnt evolved much.

Ba-da-boom Tshjee
    Yea, I know, not funny :P Sue me
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

T3h Ch3F

Life????

Hockey began in Canada, dunno about life.

Was Gretzkey a dinosaur?

I was not aware that the Tar pits extended beyond the wasteland.

J/K

I find the whole idea of defining life to a place that was not defined as a nation a bit presumtive.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

Hmmm,

Looks like a "kick EG~ fest" here?

"It's life Jim...................................................but not as we know it"

As a member of the Great Nation that spawned life from the primordial ice I beseech thee to put thy petty jealousies of thou Fathers of Life aside and send thy royalties for thy existence to ME...

money orders
    paypal
    cashiers checks
    bonds
    annuities
    and all approved major credit cards accepted

Hey EG~,

I have been giving this some thought and can scientifically disprove this theory.

BEAVERS! you see, they were just ordinary American water rodents until a Texan ran over their tails in his 4x4, and they fled to Canada...................so life must have originated south of the border?

Hi nihil,

So THAT'S how they got those tire tracks on their tails !

life must have originated south of the border ?
    Hummmm????????? Thar's life south of the border ? Since When ?

Eg

Kind of spits in the face of early migrations of technology and man. But ok, Canada is the cradle of civilisation. It just wasn't discovered until 1492.

Egal is my great.1 x 10 E 95 grandfather.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

First ya'll claim to be the only country to burn down the white house (which is BS cause you didn't even exist as Canada back then) and now you claim the beginning of life. Damn, whats next, you invented the internet? LOL good one Egal!
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson