FedEx suing person who made furniture out of FedEx boxes citing the DMCA.

Thread: FedEx suing person who made furniture out of FedEx boxes citing the DMCA.

FedEx suing person who made furniture out of FedEx boxes citing the DMCA.

I wasn't real sure where this shoud go, it /almost/ fits in to the Regulatory Compliance section but not really. So I dropped it in General Chit Chat... if you guys think it should go somewhere else just let me know and I'll get it moved/deleted.

So this guy is broke and decided to make some furniture out of FedEx boxes. He then made a website about it, detailing what he did and passed out some t-shirts and cards at the Blackhat Conference. FedEx took umbrage to that and slapped him with a lawsuit basing some of the claims on DMCA. It is an interesting read.

Article Here

At least the guy has some decent lawyers supporting him on this. I personally think this will be a PR disaster for FedEx.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

In one of the photos on that link, he's got Irongeek hangin from his ceilin fan?
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

Ok, I have to be the one to ask, what does DMCA stand for?

Digital Millennium Copyright Act

http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn