August 14th, 2005, 11:47 PM
If I were American I'd vote for him !
Christopher Walken 2008
If a ' B ' movie actor can get elected President...why not the ' A ' list..." Suicide Kings " mobster
Walken 2008 - Official Website
it definitely would not be run-of-the-mill
August 15th, 2005, 04:28 AM
the ultimate honesty. an actor as president.
Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”
August 15th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Isn't that what we have now? Please don't tell me this guy is for real!
At least Walken would *know* that he's an actor... Mortal Combaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!
August 15th, 2005, 04:37 AM
August 15th, 2005, 05:10 AM
NO MORE ACTORS! I'd rather see a contest between Ralph Nader and Michael Dukakis.
Mr. Rogers vv. Captain Kangaroo, or Lou Reed against Ted Nugent.
we need some serious material here.
I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.
August 15th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Quote from that site: "We need to think about improving our failing educational system, making better use of our resources, and helping to promote a stable, safe, and tolerant global society."
In other words, just another American who wants to rule the world in favour of America. He talks about "our" educational system, "our" resources and yet he also wants to demand that the rest of this world to follow the USA definition of stable, safe and tolerant.
Since I'm not an American, I do feel a bit threatened by these kinds of remarks. Then again, I still have to see the first wannabee US President who is really willing to think on a global level.
August 15th, 2005, 02:19 PM
1. Every President's, Prime Minister's, first concern SHOULD be their own Country.
2. You cannot have a good Global interest if your own Country is unstable...therefore you need to strengthen Home first.
3. American President's do not want to rule the world...I've criticized American policy as well but let's give credit where credit is due...American has been the ONLY super power in history to NOT have a policy of colonialization...inotherwords they do NOT annex/keep the Countries they conquer.
4. American President's do not have as much power as they are often credited as having...Bill Gates, the Kennedy's, the Rothchilds, etc... have more power to influence global interests than any President ever has.
5. I too think it's ridiculous that the world's reigning Empire prefers to elect people like Jesse Ventura, Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, because of money or fame into positions of authority...rather than people who deserve to be there...but that too is a symbol of an Empire.
I don't know where you're from, as you don't say...but...for the most part I'd be more concerned about internal politics than what America is doing...we are a small Country, only the population of California, we also tend to disagree on a great number of things and have banged heads more than a few times, the US has also interfered in the politics and social policy of our Country, even threatened us many times throughout history...but like every other Nation, we've done more damage internally than any external Country could do.
take care of HOME first...the rest will take care of itself.
Now..returning to the humorous nature of this thread...I vote for Buffy the Vampire Slayer in 2016
August 15th, 2005, 03:17 PM
That's pretty much why I elect people.
American who wants to rule the world in favour of America
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.
August 15th, 2005, 05:13 PM
1) True. But he will also have to worry about how foreign nations will listen to his election speeches.
2) But the words that I've quoted don't make it clear that this "global problem" is related to "national issues".
3) I think even the USA has some colonies somewhere. The Northern Mariana Islands for example used to be controlled by the USA and could be considered to be one of those colonies. And there are many other islands in Oceania that have some relationship with the USA.
4) And that's something I do agree with you. Then again, it seems as if in the USA, all political powers can be overruled by the commercial powers. A bit like the RoboCop scenario, isn't it? Where corporations are owners of whole cities, including policeforce and all local media...
5) And that's just it. It seems to me that when in the USA a person gets elected, he's only elected to be a symbol. A figurehead, who just has to be pretty, kiss babies and say nice things. It seems that no matter who gets elected, it just doesn't change anything in the US political system.
I'm half-British and half Dutch. Officially, I'm Dutch though. As part of a country with 17 million people in a very small space, I'm not too worried about local politics. I fear more the influence the European Union is trying to get over us, though. Apparantly, the Dutch seem to pay the most to the EU, yet the benefits we receive from this union doesn't compensate us in any way.
The problem that I can see in this world is that some war has started in the Middle-East which seems to be about control over the large amounts of oil there. I do know that the Dutch didn't start this conflict, yet we now seem to be part of it. Apparantly there are now plans in the USA to attack Iran to destroy some nuclear reactor there. Why? Simple. The USA doesn't want Iran to have any control over possible nuclear weapons. And thus it's clear to me... The USA doesn't want to invade other countries, but the USA does want to have control over other nations.
And I do agree... Buffy would be a nice President in 2016, although I am hoping that there will be a female (or black) President long before that time.
August 15th, 2005, 06:23 PM
It looks like Condi Rice might want the position, but she will
be under serious scrutiny come election time.
Especially if Hillary decides to run, too.
Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!