Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virus Problem

Virus Problem

hello users

iam new to this board. iam facing a deadly virus attack. The situation is this that some bloody virus is affecting my computers usb ports i mean they are not working as usual bcoz of the deadly virus plz help me as soon as u can

My tooth hurts, maybe i should go to a gynecologist and see what he knows about my mouth system and if he can help me.

damn boy/girl: give us some information, what OS, how do you know you have a virus, did you scan your PC, you know there are free online scans, ddid you scan in safe mode....did you run anti spyware program, what **** did you install lately, do you have a firewall running....

GOD!
    O.G at A.O

I can't find any information about a virus that affects USB ports specifically. Also, in order for anyone to fully understand your situation, we need to know your operating system, software, and what measures you have already taken. Have you done a virus scan lately? Are your virus definitions up to date? Do you have security patches installed? Are there any other problems with this machine?

sorry iam using win xp sp1 using Norton antivirus with latest set of definations and i had done a system scan what should i do

Give this a read :General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP

You can try this free on-line scanner if you want : Trend Micro Free Online Virus Scan

Hope that helps ...
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Install Service pack 2
    \"All men by nature desire knowledge\" - Aristotle

using Norton antivirus with latest set of definations and i had done a system scan what should i do
    Did Norton find anything? If so go to http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ and read about what it found, that will tell you what you're up against.

Go to Device Manager and check the status of the USB ports.
    Start>Settings>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Re: Virus Problem

Originally posted here by azeem_144
    hello users

iam new to this board. iam facing a deadly virus attack. The situation is this that some bloody virus is affecting my computers usb ports i mean they are not working as usual bcoz of the deadly virus plz help me as soon as u can

hi all,

I want to ask you about virus name . Who define the virus name. what is extension of @mm ? like that .. W32.Reatle@mm W32.Mytob@mm ?

Hello azeem_144 and welcome to AO.

I seriouly doubt if you have a USB "virus", if you do, might I be the first to reserve a copy

As suggested, run an online scan (PC-Cillin) also update your AV and reboot into SAFE MODE (F8) then run it overthe entire system with all optrions enabled (scan inside compressed files, heuristics on, etc.)

Then try these: download, update, reboot into safe mode..................

http://www.ewido.net/en/
    http://www.emisoft.com/en/software/free/

Good luck

berkley~

I want to ask you about virus name . Who define the virus name. what is extension of @mm ? like that .. W32.Reatle@mm W32.Mytob@mm ?
    "mm" means "mass mailer", W32 means Windows 32 bit processing etc.

Might I suggest that you open a new thread in something like "newbie security questions" and list the terms you do not understand?

Banned
    Let me ask something smart... What problem are you experiencing with your USB ports? Because apparantly something is wrong with them, yet none of us knows what is wrong with them. For all we know, you might have faulty hardware... Or a missing driver... Or maybe there isn't anything wrong, but the thing you're trying to use works differently than you expect.

So, what problem do you have with the USB ports? (Or USB device, if it's limited to one device.)