Thread: =Search for Archive applications=

Question =Search for Archive applications=

Hi there,

I wish to know how can i grab some archive from website~?? cause i was looking for some old version application --> PGP 7.0.2 to do some testing based on my client standard..

But i couldn't find it anywhere else at all.... i do search from Google, for those cache pages, but what they cache actually are just text-based or mostly the web-admin had removed those file from there, where due to 'Object not Found'.

Just wish to know is there any other method to download old programs from anywhere?

p.s. is there anyone have one of this PGP version 7.0.2 program, mind to send me a copy or direct me there...... many thankz..

Good day...
    --=|2 be da happy children 0f da Mother Nature, 2 be da Best among da Best!|=--

Any Sufficiently AdvanceD TechnologG is InDistinguishable from MagiC. - Arthur C. Clarke

Why do you want this software? it is 4.5 years old, and obsolete.

http://www.n4cer.de/cgi-bin/download.pl?t=0&d=51&l=1

The site is German.

Hi nihil,

I wanna used it for performance testing cause my client are still using it in their environment~~ where they didnt have any plan to upgrade at all

many thanks for the url.... but, wait (slap myself up & down 1st), the version i was looking for its actually PGP Desktop 7.0.4 i try to search it in da url, but couldn't find it~ do u have any idea???

Sorry for da troublesome again~ actually i did google all the while with that, but couldn't find any, not even that german site... could tell me how is method to retrieve those sites? many thank.

Good day.

Any Sufficiently AdvanceD TechnologG is InDistinguishable from MagiC. - Arthur C. Clarke

Are you sure you know what you are looking for?

According to PGP History
    PGP 7.0.3 released for Individual and Freeware users; PGP 7.0.4 released for Enterprise users.
    Freeware versions can be downloaded from pgpi.org including 7.0.3 ( and its fixes )
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

IKnowNot : Hi there, thank 1st. Yes, i understand what am i looking for... yup, my client are basically using the old commercial version of PGP 7.0.4 for Enterprise users. erm... so it might not be available for free to download, am i right??

Well, never mind, i'll try to request the version directly from my client.... aii.. those client are really troublesome... request for end-to-end encryption, but very choosy and very demand on the vendor as well.

The brief architecture they are using : Web, App, DB and Token server | Token Solution for Authentication | STunnel (SSL) or IPSec for Encryption | VPN secure Connection | Load-balancing + Firewall Hardware | Security Acceleration Device | IP Traffic Manager | TripWire } within da ---> AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Websphere, Oracle Environment.

Anyhow, thank dude for da information~~

Well,

If they are running PGP 7.0.4, they must be running Windows somewhere, as that is a Windows version. It can't be WinXP as it won't work.

What exactly is it you are trying to stress(performance) test? The desktops from the sounds of things.

Can you tell us the highest and lowest specifications of the machines that will be running this, and what operating systems are being used on them.

Remember, you cannot do this from your office or home, the results will be completely meaningless You must go to the client and borrow a pair of reference machines

Here is some more information on PGP:

http://www.directions.com.au/articlehtmlxid_105