RH8 and WXP together

Thread: RH8 and WXP together

RH8 and WXP together

Hello!I have windows xp on my pc, but i would also like to install red hat 8 so that i have them together.I have red hat on 5 cd-s but i cant dont know how to install it.I tried but i cant!I know i have to make 2 partitions but i dont know anything about so i need a detailed explanation please!Also very important, do i have to delete windows so that i can put them both on my pc? btw i have 80 gb so space is no problem.how do i install them both?(im running windows xp at the moment)!Thanks advance and if someone knows then please, a very DETAILED explanation.

First off, RedHat 8 is WAY old, you're better off downloading a new version of something.

http://www.antionline.com/search.php...earchid=263940

it doesnt matter, its ok for the beginning i just need to know since i have windows can i install red hat 8 wihtout having to mess with windows so i have them both?

Read the links man damn.

it says invalid search.gore i dont need your bull----.If you cant/dont want to help nobody os forcing you, but then simply ignore the topic.If i knew what to do i wouldt be here asking and wasting my time.

click on my profile.

ABOVE THE LAST 20 POSTS is a link to tutorials. Click on "Other tutorials" I've written lots of tutorials for dual booting Linux and Windows. Read one.

@ Gore: yes the link does come up as an "Invalid Search"

@ BG111: follow Gore's Advice.. We could basicly re-write one of his tutorials here for you or you could get of your lazy arse, stop abusing some one who was trying to help, read the bloody tutorials and learn something. Your Bloody lucky that Gore hasnt told you to STFU and use the Site search..
    You wont get help on this or any site when you abuse members, especially if they make a rare error in posting a link..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

BG111

Gore is absolutely correct.You are better off loading a recent version. Firstly, you are less likely to have compatibility issues (you have not given your system specs, but if you are running XP and have an 80Gig drive it must be fairly modern?)

Secondly, you are much more likely to find help and support for recent releases. That distribution is 3 years old.

Thirdly, it is not a good idea to use an old OS with a new one, unless you need to for legacy support purposes. It gives a false impression of their relative merits and demerits.

Here is a set of instructions:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/guid..._fedora_xp.php

As Gore has mentioned, there are other guides in the tutorials section here.

1. Defragment your drive first.
    2. Watch out for your partition file systems.
    3. Back everything up first.
    4. Watch out for hardware compatibility.
    5. Make sure you have all the drivers FIRST .

thanks for the replies.I didnt want to be rude, i asked a simple question and expected a simple answer, thats all there is to it.I didnt ask for installation guide i know how to install if i had a partition for it...but the partitions are the problem, anyway i think i found a way.I think the best way is to re-install windows xp but i have no cd for it.If i get someone elses cd it will work yea?Btw undertaker i read some tutes but most of them containt infromation tat is absolutely useless to me, so i dont see where u get off calling me lazy.First watch your mouth and then tell someone else to do the same.anyway i didnt come here to start trouble but for help so no hard feelings!

First watch your mouth and then tell someone else to do the same.anyway i didnt come here to start trouble but for help so no hard feelings!
    Recommended reading: How to Win Friends and Influence People.

.I didnt want to be rude,
    First watch your mouth and then tell someone else to do the same.anyway i didnt come here to start trouble but for help
    Mate.. You had said Absolutly nothing about having read ANY tutorials untill your last post.. You were rude to gore in his first reply, your lucky he is in a good mood. Your the One who needs to Watch his mouth.. Buddy!..
    How about an apology to gore First..

.. nah too late.. "Silent Mode" Activated..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr