Casey Sheehan

Thread: Casey Sheehan

Casey Sheehan

before this american hero's name is forever tarnished by the outcries of his heartbroken mother, here's a part of the story that's not given enough light:

...First, Casey initially signed up in May 2000 and voluntarily re-enlisted in the service in August 2003, knowing he would likely be called into active duty in Iraq. Secondly, as a mechanic in the 1st battalion, 82nd Field Artillery Regiment, Casey did not have to go into the battle that claimed his life. When some of his fellow soldiers encountered resistance, he and others in his unit chose to go into combat to save his friends. Cindy Sheehan herself recounted it this way:

[T]he sergeant said, “Sheehan, you don't have to go,” because my son was a mechanic. And Casey said, “Where my chief goes, I go.”

Where this young man went, tragically, was to an early grave. But his death was an act of patriotism and human compassion...

Source
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I fear that details such as these NEVER get printed enough ..........

He was a man who took the hard path, and we need people like that.
    Unfortunately, they never seem to stay around too long .........

Maybe his mother should stop her campaign, and remember him with pride .........

Although I would lay money that she will continue on her path, wrapped up in her grief, for god knows what reason, for god knows how long ...................... she will be proud of him, that is a given, but her behaviour is not the way he would have wanted it, that is apparent from HIS behaviour in combat.

I knew a couple whose only son was killed in the Falklands 'conflict' [can't say war about that one, apparently ] she NEVER accepted his loss, and collapsed mentally, because of the media coverage of parents in similar circumstances, for the first time the UK brought its war dead home - IF the family requested it - SOME let their sons lie where they fell, and they are buried together in graves across the islands.
    Again, it gave us some strong poetry : [not the Falklands per se, just the attitude of the British at war]

Rupert Brooke's - The Soldier
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Sounds like the voice of the heart of a true Hero.

ya' know foxey, at first she was just very hurt and very proud. met with bush and all...but it came out latter that her son was one of the ones killed that didn't have maximum body armor. we go to war with what we have and with him being a mech im sure the newer body armor was given to those whose main duty it is to fight. im sure he knew what he had...viet nam era vests look a little differant than todays (which makes him more of a hero) and i guess she got caught up in all the political hoopula around it .then the anti war goofballs got ahold of her. it's pretty easy to convince anybody of anything when their in that state. now she goes around saying things like americans have been murderers since they first set foot here and it's not worth giving your life for this country. you know allot of the stuff that this hippy hangover fringe spouts.

i feel sorry for her this whole thing has made her life a real mess. first her son's death, her husband just hit her with divorce papers and a few hours ago her mother had a stroke and she had to rush back to california. she'll be lucky if she doesn't wind up a basket case...cindy not her mother

eg, my sentiments exactly
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I agree that she is only dishonering her son. He made the choice to join the service as both a compitant man and soldier. He willingly and knowningly payed the ultimate sacrifice for us Yankees. I truely thank him for that.

What annoys me about this woman is how naive she is being. Who is she? Nobody. What will an audience with Bush accomplish? Absolutely nothing. Yet she thinks so much of herself that she's going to demand to speak with him in person. Yes, he's on vacation. Frankly, his sanity is vastly more important than her ego. Even though we all have equal rights in this country (unless you're a Senator), people seem to forget that equal rights does not mean equally important.

If she really wanted to make a difference, she'd make it known that she intends to run for office in a state chair or simular. That's too much work I think though. Forget about using the USA government system the way it was meant to by becomming involved with it. Nay! Simply whine to the media and have them concoct a story for you.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

Banned
    "Patriotism is what eventually gets you killed in service for your country. But that doesn't mean it's a bad thing." - Me.