to the shores of Tripoli
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to the shores of Tripoli

to the shores of Tripoli

America's first war against terrorism

For centuries the Barbary States--which included Tripoli, Algiers, Tunis and Morocco--operated a protection racket that required every European country whose trading ships entered the Mediterranean to pay them substantial tribute for the privilege. If a nation failed to yield to the blackmail, its ships were plundered by pirates, who kidnapped any surviving crew members. They were then either ransomed or sold into slavery at workhouses.

Jefferson was so shocked by this behavior that he demanded an explanation from his counterpart, Abdel Rahman Al-Ajar, the representative of Tripoli. "The Ambassador answered us," Jefferson, along with his colleague John Adams, wrote in their report sent back home, "that it was founded on the Laws of the Prophet, that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take..."

Full Story
    Those who fail to learn from History, are sure to repeat the same mistakes.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi Tedob1,

Unfortunately, our politicians are more interested in making history than learning from it.

Eg

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Someone from American history :

GENERAL “BLACK JACK” PERSHING

General “Black Jack” Pershing was born September 13th, 1860 near Laclede, MS. he died July 15th, 1948 in Washington, DC
    Highlights of his life include:
    1891 Professor of Military Science and Tactics University of Nebraska
    1898 Serves in the Spanish-American War
    1901 Awarded rank of Captain
    1906 Promoted to rank of Brig. General
    1909 Military Governor of Moro Province, Philippines
    1916 Made Major General
    1919 Promoted to General of the Armies
    1921 Appointed Chief of Staff
    1924 Retires from active duty Education West Point.

Just before World War I, there were a number of terrorist attacks on the United States forces in the Philippines by Muslim extremists. So General Pershing captured 50 terrorists and had them tied to posts for execution. He then had his men bring in two pigs and slaughter them in front of the, now horrified, terrorists. Muslims detest! pork because they believe pigs are filthy animals. Some of them simply refuse to eat it, while others won’t even touch pigs at all, nor any of their byproducts. To them, eating or touching a pig, its meat, its blood, etc., is to be instantly barred from paradise (and those virgins) and doomed to hell. The soldiers then soaked their bullets in the pigs blood, and proceeded to execute 49 of the terrorists by firing squad. The soldiers then dug a big hole, dumped in the terrorist’s bodies and covered them in pig blood, entrails, etc. They let the 50th man go. And for the next forty-two years, there was not a single Muslim extremist attack anywhere in the world. Maybe it is time for this segment of history to repeat itself, maybe in Iraq? The question is, where do we find another Black Jack Pershing?
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Hey Hey,

I'm not so sure I'd call that terrorist actions in any way (Tedob1's post)... It's more of organized crime.. There was no terrorism occurring.. just a smart way to make money... If I were to enter the US I'd have to pay a toll to cross the bridge, I'd have to pay duty on specific items and if I'm flying in on top of the ticket I'd have to pay a shitload of taxes... If I don't pay duty I'm considered a smuggler and if I don't pay duties and taxes I'm considered a criminal and taken prisoner.... I love how Americans always put a twist on things so that it seems like a crime when others do it (or now this whole idea of "Terrorist Action")... yet it's acceptible when they do it.

As far as foxyloxley's post... Had I been around I would have killed General "Black Jack" Pershing myself... that is definately not something to be proud of... To desecrate someone's religious beliefs is going way too far beyond the line. Also how were these considered Terrorist attacks (again I love how casually this word is thrown around in the US)... There was a war in place... attacks during war are not terrorist attacks... also that sounds to me like it'd be in violate of the Geneva Convention these days... doesn't seem like something to be too proud of..

I'm starting to question the mentality of a lot of people around here.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

and terrorism isn't organized crime?

arn't terrorists kidnapping then making ransom demands and worse. they are using the mass murder of innocents as a form of extortion trying to get what they want then quoteing the koean to justify their actions.

they're still thugs.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

To desecrate someone's religious beliefs is going way too far beyond the line.
    Bullshit. The most important aspect of any war is to convince yourself
    that you are right and the enemy is wrong. If you can't stomach
    the idea of using propaganda against them then surrender now and
    avoid all the trouble of surrendering after they have finished
    kicking your ass. Islam is going to bring the conflict to your door
    whether you like it or not.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Hey Hey,

It's still no different than what happens when you cross the border between Canada and the US..

rcgreen: If you have to desecrate someone's beliefs then you're not even worth talking to... The old belief is true, if you leave someone alone, they'll leave you alone... If you leave the middle east alone.. they won't come over here... but the US insists on getting involved of course they'll come over here...

Peace,
    HT
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

HT are you equating paying tarrifs and duty in accordance with international law with kiddnapping on the high seas and slavery?....Really?

if you leave someone alone, they'll leave you alone
    Only time will tell, eh?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    HT are you equating paying tarrifs and duty in accordance with international law with kiddnapping on the high seas and slavery?....Really?
    Hey Hey,

I am... They asked for duties and tarrifs... if you didn't pay, they seized the individuals and put them to work.... If I were to cross the border and not pay duties and tarrifs... or if I was to do it with out the permission of US Customs... I would be seized and placed in prison, where I'd most likely be put to work. Sounds like the same idea to me.

rcgreen: Normally yes... but since the US insists on getting involved, even though the world is against their involvement.... the time will come... we haven't left them alone so why should we expect them to leave us alone...

The US needs to learn the definition of terrorism and war and learn the difference between the two.. They're bombing the **** outta places over there and call it War.. but someone attacks them and they call it Terrorism... The two words aren't interchangable.

Peace,
    HT