Thread: Need Help... Please!

Need Help... Please!

greetings...

how about this... We have "Roland" 6 color printing machine and it is connected in a 386 computer and we're always encountering problem in starting the machine. Everytime we start to open the machine, it's showing the HDD disk error and FDD error. It seems that it's asking for the boot disk in drive A: .... what i am doing is just to restart many times... and it will open normally.

why...? pls help me...

Sounds like you have an old machine and I would venture to guess your harddrive is on its last leg. You should immediately get a backup so that all is not lost. After that depending on the manufacturer of your drive acquire a test software for it.

Sounds like you have an old machine and I would venture to guess your harddrive is on its last leg. You should immediately get a backup so that all is not lost. After that depending on the manufacturer of your drive acquire a test software for it.
    Before you do that you might want to check if the IDE cables are seated correctly in the machine with the hard drive as well as the floppy. Sometimes things are that simple. If that does not solve the problem then the above is the way to go, I'd probly replace the floppy to. If your place is anything like mine, the floppy drives we order are POS and they last about a month until they die.
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...