Thread: irc or mirc question

irc or mirc question

is there a way i can get mirc or irc on my mac? hopefully without costing an arm and a leg?
    Scream If This Hurts Chica.

A simple google search found me this: http://www.aquaticx.com/

LMAO! Forgetvengance, why would it cost you an arm and a leg?
    Space For Rent.. =]

well i didn't know i'd hav to buy a program or not.

ok i downloaded the thing you said to, but now it's askin for me to purchase a code. i hav no clue about how to do that and i don't even have a credit card.

XChat for Mac - http://sourceforge.net/projects/xchataqua/ should be free !
    O.G at A.O

oh ty ty. yes it was free. but i hav no clue how to manuver to room to room or what any of the rooms are about or channels as i guess you'd call them. which ones do u gys usually chat under? and how do i get to them?

just connect to any server and then where you write the text you can use these commands

/server irc.unerror.com <- most AO member there

then do

/join #lobby (#lobby is the rooms name)

you can also do a

/list

command, and it will list all the rooms there are on that server then you can just do

/join #whatever-room-name

hope this helps
    O.G at A.O

oh ty ty. i used to use irc a little when i was with my ex, but he was always there to tell me what to type in to get me anywhere. my current bf litterally asked me what irc was when i told him i had put it on my comp.i just hope he dosnt' try and hav me explain it to him cuz i wouldn't be able to. lol. i barley know how to run the thing myself. all i remember is that when i hit /me and whatever afterthat it is an action your doing, i think. but thank you again for giving me those room names and stuff.