Alright so this has been driving me crazy and i havent been able to find an appropriate solution even after my searches. I am very new to Linux, and have just started using Cygwin. I recently have installed Perl2Exe, a program which converts a perl script into an executable. Anyways, i installed it properly (i think/hope), so that in my home directory there is a folder perl2exe which contains a bunch of files and folders and the executable perl2exe.exe. After I was unable to get the program working, I decided to email their tech support, who explained to me that i needed to "add the path to perl2exe.exe to your PATH enviroment
variable." Wells turns out thats easier said than done for a Cygwin newbie. I have been screwing around for a while, but i just cant seem to add the path to perl2exe.exe to $PATH. Can anyone walk me through this or better yet just give me a piece of code needed to make this work?

Code:
set PATH = ($HOME/perl2exe/perl2exe.exe $PATH)
This obviously doesnt or hasnt worked, so what am i doing wrong? Any help is much appriciated