How to dual boot mac os x and ubuntu(linux)

Thread: How to dual boot mac os x and ubuntu(linux)

How to dual boot mac os x and ubuntu(linux)

I have a powerbook with os x on it which I do not intend on losing. How do I install ubuntu www.ubuntulinux.org without losing what i have so on startup I can choose the OS i want to run?
    Mormegil

Have a look at the first link on this google search. I think you can tease out what you want to know.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...c+os+x&spell=1

Okay, I got ahead of myself. I just switched from Win XP to Mac OS X. I assumed I could figure out how to burn a bootable CD from Mac OS X but... sadly I was mistaken. I have this ubuntu-5.04-install-powerpc.iso file and the site act likes it should be easy to make into a bootable CD on which I could install the OS ubuntu. I need it for a college compy class. The prof told me to become familiar with OS X and ubuntu so I could help as an assistant, but I am having a hard time. Could someone give me a step by step process of how to do this it would be amazing. Thank you and I apologize for my newbness.
    Mormegil

Okay, I think I have the CD burned correctly, but without a blank place on my computer it shouldn't boot at startup. Why this is I do not know and if it is true I do not know. Now i need to make a partion with the hard drive I have, since im on a lappy no adding HD's. It won't allow me to do this using the disk utility but I know I have seen somewhere that it can be done. Any reputable good programs for this would be very helpful. Thanks for your help.
    Mormegil

first, buring ISOs is simple...the option is "burn image" in just about every burning software.

If I am not mistaken, Ubuntu has a utility to re-partition the hard drive for you durring the install., I did the install and had no trouble with it but i was on a x86 platform, so it may be different.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

It would help to familiarize yourself with the low level mechanics
    of dual booting the Mac, resizing your partitions, etc.

Most of us have done this sort of thing on a PC,
    but are not Mac experts.

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/47809....2A1111CFDBEA98

Here's a start.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.