Thread: Surveillance truck

Surveillance truck

Hi guys,

I was looking on this truck from this site http://eyeball-series.org/dhs-truck.htm Is this one of NSA vehicles for spying hackers? Or maybe Lamo got busted fom this truck too..from his wireless lappy...
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

I suppose in some parts it would blend in and be unobtrusive.. but in other areas it would stick out like dogs balls

ok I admit ... I wouldnt mind the truck and the gear in the back.. make the weekend camping in the hills a bit more interesting...
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Regal Making Handler
    Looks like a men in black motor to me. No sign of a brew kit, bugger opperating that it if you cant have a brew.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

HOLY SMOKES!!! That truck has been parked across the street from my house for a week!

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Originally posted here by roswell1329
    HOLY SMOKES!!! That truck has been parked across the street from my house for a week!

And I'm the guy driving it roswell..........................

Cheers:
    DjM

AFLAAACKKK!!
    That would stick out in chicago, black and white vehicles just yells out popo...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

One of the local ham radio groups has a fellow from DHS that has a truck just like this. He has cameras on 2 sides of the vehicle that extend up about 20 feet, a sat dish on top, and all the gear inside. Although it would be nice to have, I wouldn't know where to start with all that equipment.

You would think with all the cash they spent on that truck they could of at least got a campershell that matched the color of the truck. Maybe its just me, but that shell sticks out like a sore thumb. Oh well....
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

yeah, the shell further detracts suspicion. If I saw that truck, I would think:

"Eww what an ugly truck!" not "...I wonder if someone inside is watching me....."
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

Regal Making Handler
    intmon,
    There is very little skill in radio operating at that level these days. It realy is a case of switch on, set the frequency and away you go. There is no listening to the beat frequency oscilator or counting neadle swings to tune radios or manual antenna matching these days, let alone working out antenna lengths or configuerations per frequency.

If you are a ham radio op, I suspect your knowledge would be well above what is needed to use this kit. Over here the ham radio licence is far harder, and more knowledge is needed to obtain the licence than military radio opperators are taught, even at control signaller level.

I used to teach radio, basic circuits, antenna theory, voice proceedure as a control radio operator. A ham operator would beat me on knowledge easily. The reason the ham licence requires so much knowledge is to minimise the numbers who attempt to take the test. Our government does'nt want to may ham radio operators.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry