Help Please MS AntiSpy Killed me

Thread: Help Please MS AntiSpy Killed me

Help Please MS AntiSpy Killed me

I cannot log on MSN messenger now and I cannot send a messagein Yahoo messenger now because of the browser helper thingy in the beta MS AntiSpy which I uninstealled. also certain webpages such as hotmail and windows updates cannot be accessed because the IE browser crashes when i try to go there also about:blank set as home page makes IE crash. please help me I dunno what to do . this is not a spyware issue I am pretty sure it is a matter of changes made to IE i even reinstalled MSN messenger and i reinstalled IE 6.0 and i reinstalled sun java and reinstalled direct x 9c, but nothing helps me. i am on windows 2000.

help please

anyone think i could install netscape as a browser and make my problems go away ?

are you setting the browser to about:blank?

If not, I think that cool web search might be causing your problem.

You could try another browser, but that won't fix your spyware problems if they are already installed. There are numberous threads here on how to scan and remove various adware/spyware from your computer. Check up with a couple of those threads to make sure you are truly clean and then try to reinstall your messenger programs.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AOs Resident Troll
    Well I have been running MA antispyware since its release......
    and dont have those problems???

Did it remove any spyware recently????

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

wow that was scary luckily i fixed it by reinstalling ms anti spy and restoring browser stuff.
    it musta removed some key entries. gawd i seriously hate that program now whatta pos

screen shot

i took a screen shot of what it restored and now it is all ok

http://www.boredinnc.net/ftp/Webpage/1.gif