Windows Update won't install
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Update won't install

Windows Update won't install

Windows Update won't let me install the updates that I already downloaded.

any suggestions ?

How, what error do you get ? Are you admin on the machine ? What Windows ? Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

get a carpenter
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag D landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kj熳leik elske med.

United Kingdom: Bridlington

It is with the greatest forebearance that I do not neg you Noia

get a carpenter
    You should have said a glasier ..................probably "glazier" in American

isle_of_infamy it would help if you told us what version of Windows

Also, please get this and run is the best tool I know for checking the status of your Windows upgrades..............,RSS,00.asp

Good luck

Darn, I guess you'll just have to change operating systems

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    I don't know if this will help but I have Win 98SE and the file you mention (msscript.ocx) is not installed on my machine according to Start/ Find and I am fully up-dated. That would suggest that it is not a missing System file. I can only suggest that you try and repair IE by going to Start/ Programs/ Accessories/ System Tools/ System Information/ Tools and run the first program in the drop down box, i.e. the Internet Explorer Repair Tool.
    This worked for work collegue on 98SE

or you could try :

Windows bought and paid for?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Washington D.C. area
    Isle of lazy,

Apparently you have not read this:

Read it then ask the magic 8 ball your question again.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

just try again from the very beginning of downloading and read the instructions carefully....

I am running windows 2000 and i get this error "Failed Updates
    For help installing an update successfully, see the solution under each problem description."

Problem: "A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed
    Solution: To fix the problem, try installing the updates again. "

here is a screen shot:

log file says: WU client failed installing updates with error 0x80240020

Your login may not have local admin authority, so the updates would not install. If you account does have local admin authority, you may want to check that your anti-virus real-time service is not running during the installation.

Chances are it is something simple and silly like that.