Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Update won't install

I do not run an anti-virus except spysweeper which could possibly attribute to the mystery because it does load in my process manager;

but anyways what i did is i researched this a lil further about the specific error and there was a certain registry directory at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify While there i discovered a folder entitled Notify_Disabled which i deleted and then i copied 9 new reg keys for that directory from my laptop 1 of which entitled SensLogn and i uploaded all 9 registry entries to my ftp so i could download and enter them into my problematic computer's registry, but this upon rebooting the pc did not seem to work for me. when i did my windows update for my laptop on XP i had no problem it asked me to do a genuine windows verification so it seemed to work ok.

still no dice ... is there a way i can manually install these updates ?

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I'm SURE I had something like this ................
    and I've been looking for the link [no dice so far ]

I 'think' it was sec_ware who gave the link to a solution .........

BUT, I've recently deleted my PM lists
    and I cannot find a copy in 'my docs'

I'm still looking

[edit]
    not sec_ware but ZT3000

here
    it was for XP, but it could help, no harm in trying ..........

I used the links at the bottom of the thread, and worked back from those .......
    I WISH I had a memory

NO not THAT Memory
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

this helped me a little bit foxy . basically what he said was to delete the file called DataStore.edb in this directory C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
    which in turn what that does is make it so ur machine redownloads the updates, but it still fails to install them for some reason.

i managed to get windows updates to work the only way was to use the uato updater tool on a timed schedule, but now i have a different problem. when i boot the computer up it asks me for a user password and i don't have an assigned password so yeah. i disabled the alt cntrl delete feature so hopefully that helps.