Hey everybody, got a scenario to run by you guys, i'm really hurtin for some insight into this.

I work at a mortgage company, and we are using a Loan Origination System called Encompass made by Ellie Mae. (http://www.elliemae.com) The basic jist of the system is that its powered by an MSQL database on the server, and the clients are powered by .NET and some other goodies.

Well on friday last week they released an update, quite a big one too, version 2.2 to 2.7. Well, I have a remote client that connects to our network thru Microsoft VPN. Her system is running Windows XP home SP2 and the server is Win2k SP4 all updates.

Well here's whats going on. Normally, when an update happens at the server, whenever a client tries to connect, they are prompted to update. updates are sent to the remote client from the server. Well, my user did this as normal, and then the strange errors and messages started happening.

The first error, which seems to be the one thats causing all this screwed upishness, is as follows:
Invalid Script Action
- The script action, Get Windows Installer Property, can only be used in a script that is executed by Wise for Windows Installer

Well, you hit ok to that, and then the update tries to do its thing. but thats when i get an error message saying that it cannot find the SQL server which it needs to validate its license (god i hate licenses and validation and all that crap, screws everyhting up). Well, I proceeded to call tech support and they told me to reinstall.

On reinstall, i keep getting hit with that Invalid Script Action. Well, i continue to ignore it, and it seems to go thru the install but when you try to launch the actual app, its just craps out with a VersionControl.exe Common Language Runtime Debugging Services window that says there's been an exception of some sort.

Tech support round 2-5.

This is what I've done so far. I've completely uninstalled anything that had to do with Encompass, down to manually removing files and registry keys. No dice. Tried a completely different installer that tech support sent me...No dice. Removed Windows Installer 3.1 and reinstalled that and then tried the 2 different install methods I have. No Dice. Scoured their knowledge base and can't seem to find anything that can help me.

The support guys aren't helping me that much at all, and i'm needing to figure out something. I've been working on this PC remotely for about 4 days now and I can't get to the bottom of it at all.

So i guess i'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this error installing anything else and could maybe point me in the right direction to figuring out whats going on. My theory is that the major parts of the installer are getting screwed up by this invalid script action. so i'm just wondering how to get rid of it. I have at least 2 other systems that updated thru the setup that she's on, so its just something with this particular machine.

Thanks for the help.