Magical Mystery Tour?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magical Mystery Tour?

Magical Mystery Tour?

so who exactly is 'on the bus'? (or Ken Keysey rides again?)

Cindy Sheehan Planning Anti-War Bus Tour

CRAWFORD, Texas

A fallen soldier's mother said Thursday that the anti-war vigil she started nearly three weeks ago near President Bush's ranch won't end when she and other protesters pack up their camp next week.

Cindy Sheehan said the day after she leaves Aug. 31, she will embark on a bus tour ending up in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 24. Then the group will start a 24-hour vigil in the nation's capital.

"I am not alone," she said at a news conference Thursday. "There's the people standing behind me here, but there's thousands of military families ... who want the same answers to the same questions."

Full Story

Iraq war approaching the tipping point

A significant gathering of hundreds of thousands protesters is expected in Washington responding to the September 24 National Coalition for the March on Washington DC to Stop the War on Iraq and end colonial occupation from Iraq to Palestine and Haiti. The rally is to begin at the White House.

A new coalition of major national organizations, has come together to create a united front and build the largest possible gathering of people on the streets of DC.

The leadership of the September 24 National Coalition for the March on Washington to Stop the War in Iraq now includes the A.N.S.W.E.R (Act Now to Stop War and End Racism) Coalition, National Council of Arab-Americans (NCA), Muslim American Society (MAS) Freedom Foundation in addition to a wide range of other organization representing ethnic groups.

Full Story
    who's purpose is she really serving?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

her own.

With Sheehan and Co. traveling for 30 days +, I predict several job vacancies
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

Banned
    She's serving the purpose of whomever keeps her in the news: democrats use her as an anti-war "symbol", republicans use her as a shooting target for everything they don't like.

She's been in the news for what seems like a decade - in other words: as long as the president has been vacationing. Maybe he should stop vacationing, and the problem might go away...

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Cindy is a media slut who serves no purpose other than to further her own wacko agenda. She dishonors her son's memory and all others who have served in the U.S. military.

Thanks to rational groups like the You Don't Speak For Us, Cindy tour...maybe another, more sensible voice will be heard. Oh wait, the media would have to be unbiased for that to happen...

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Originally posted here by mathgirl32
    Oh wait, the media would have to be unbiased for that to happen...
    Jeeze mathgirl32, tell us how you really feel. btw IMO correct and to the point
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

I can't stand Sheehan. She's nothing but an illlusion. Her stance is insulting to her son and all of our other armed forces, she disgraces the Gold Star emblem into a political tool, she has a stance, but nothing but a stance. She offers nothing but a naive anicdote to a situation I don't believe she's mentally stable enough to be a campaigning spokesperson towards in any regards.

Sure there are people that oppose the war, plenty of them. Just because a gathering of people protest doesn't mean more opposition to the effort in Iraq exists than before her, it means they're being more vocal. In reality, the ratio probably hasn't changed much at all. The media however, spins it differently and creates phantom protestors and anti-war supporters than actually are.

This is why the stock market crashed at the end of the 1920s.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

Banned
    Just because a gathering of people protest doesn't mean more opposition to the effort in Iraq exists than before her, it means they're being more vocal. In reality, the ratio probably hasn't changed much at all. The media however, spins it differently and creates phantom protestors and anti-war supporters than actually are.
    It's impossible to pinpoint a change in opinion. I doubt, like you do, that Sheehan had anything to do with it, but fact is that approval ratings are going down. More Americans than ever disapprove of the war: in that aspect, the ratio has changed a LOT.

On another hand: she's lost a child, give her a break. She's deserved the right to say whatever she wants to say, imo, for as long as she wants to... She might be a nutcase, she might be a media slut... she lost a child! I want to see the first woman that can keep her cool in a situation like that.
    If I would ever loose a child, I would hope that you could all excuse me from acting like a dick (times fifty!).

More Americans than ever disapprove of the war…
    The mop-up, stabilizing the country, the police action, or whatever we want to label it, is what is costing us dearly and dragging on.

I believe most of us would pour our hearts out to her and grieve with her for the loss of her child. However she is not the only and unfortunately will not be the only in the future. Granted that doesn’t mean that she should just suck it up and move on. And it is even more disappointing that everyone with even the smallest agenda to the left or to the right, may be using her like a puppet, and the situation for their gain.

Let’s hope she finds peace.
    Connection refused, try again later.

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi Neg,
    More Americans than ever disapprove of the war: in that aspect, the ratio has changed a LOT.
    Generally speaking, the American public is always against war...and it's been that way for 100 years... Boar War 1900, no Americans...World War 1 1914, no Americans till 1917...World War 2 1939, no Americans till late1941, etc...in virtually every case from the Boar War till now the general American population has either opposed or protested against war...the general reputation of Americans as war-mongers is unfounded...
    the American Government ontheotherhand...well that's a whole different ball game.

Americans are, for the most part, opposed to war...they are opposed to putting their soldiers in harm's way...but usually support them when they are ( in harm's way )...Canadians, ontheotherhand, have never protested against any war we've been in...we don't get involved in many...but we like to fight. ( see hockey )

Which reminds me of the debate years ago when the NHL was trying to get a contract with an American network ( NBC, ABC, CBS ) to carry games and was refused on the basis it was too violent for the American viewing audience.

Eg

the American Government ontheotherhand...well that's a whole different ball game.
    No doubt! A lot of us would like to fire most all of their kesters. Personal agendas, bunch of attorneys, etc., etc., Like to toss them to the sharks, but they wouldn't eat them out of professional courtesy

!~cheers~!
    Connection refused, try again later.