Thread: Randomness

Randomness

Have any of you ever been to New Orleans or Baton Rouge? If so what are some Interesting things to do there?
    Scream If This Hurts Chica.

New Orleans:

Dax Riggs / Acid Bath / Deadboy and the elephantmen / Agents of Oblivion.

Seth from Anal **** goes there sometimes too.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a test. This is the real deal," New Orleans Mayor C. Ray Nagin said at a press conference. "Board up your homes. Make sure you have enough medicine. Make sure the car has enough gas. Do all things you normally do for a hurricane, but treat this one differently, because it is pointed towards New Orleans."
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...3717-9059r.htm
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Banned
    Yeah... they ain't going to be around for much more than a day or two.

Ermmm... LSD? Come on Easy-Rider, Gore.

New Orleans is a fabulous, vibrant, amazing city. If it survives the next 48 hours (and I have serious doubts that it will ) no one should consider their lives complete without a stroll thru the Garden District, admiring the architecture and beauty. A visit to the French Quarter will go a long way toward enlightening you to the weird and unusual side of life, black magic, voodoo, vampires and Catholicism walk hand in hand. Bourbon Street will insure you never forget that the combined smell of vomit and urine is the worst smell on the planet.

There are museums, walking tours, bus tours, swamp tours, and shops. Restaurants. Bars. Nightclubs, jazz clubs, blues clubs, and gay clubs. Beautiful hotels and amazing food. Don't skip the Cafe Du Monde. Stand and watch the sunset behind St. Louis Cathedral. Take a streetcar ride thru the Garden District.

If I were to ever leave Florida, and move away from the country, I would live in a balcony apartment in the French Quarter in New Orleans.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    ya dont go to new orleans right now there is a cat 5 hurricane headed that way.... stay away for now lol... goodluck to everyone there!
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

lol. i was just curious because that's where my man and i will be going for our honeymoon. but we arn't geting married for another 2 yrs so i think they'll have everything rebuilt by then.
    Scream If This Hurts Chica.

Banned
    Rebuilt yes, but it won't be the same.

It won't feel the same.

And, it's a category 4 right now. But, they say it's about equal to Andrew, so...yeah.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    CAt 5 on the Beeb. 170mph winds and a storm surge higher than the flood defenses predicted.

Sustained winds are reaching 155mph (250km/h)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4192218.stm

Heads down, best of luck to ya.