Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C programming

C programming

What's a good program for C programming? I'm running on a Win 2000 OS.
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

I think you mean a complier, to turn your source code into executable files,

If you want a free on try DevC++, it does both C and C++
    www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

theres loads of free ones out there

lcc-win32
    www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/

DJGPP
    www.delorie.com/djgpp/

As always your first place to look should be google: -

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...s+free&spell=1

PM me if you want any advice because ive used most of these compilers

i2c

Thanks

Thanks i2c ,

I tried google but didn't have much luck... maybe because I was using the term "program" rather than "compiler". My bad.

Anyway, I do appreciate the response. I will test it out and may take you up on your offer to PM you if I run into trouble.

regards,

ajcpdx
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Banned
    Screw C go with C++
    Go to download.com and search for a c++ compiler and you will get a lot to choose from.

Originally posted here by mikem0327
    Screw C go with C++
    Go to download.com and search for a c++ compiler and you will get a lot to choose from.
    nah C has ruled and continues to do so.....C++ is better...but even then u cant screw C man...??
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Hello,

Let me say I have experience in both Dev C++ and VC++. VC++ is great if you are tageting WIN32 (MFC) developement. Otherwise, Dev C++ is excellent, small and efficient. Free too! VC++ is a must for any C++ programmer I believe personally...

VC = Visual C++

scat
    If the scatman can do it so can you.

T3h Ch3F

Yo!

Originally posted here by mikem0327
    Screw C go with C++
    I would like to tell you that this is just plain silly advice. DUH!

It is literally impossible to master an upgraded lesson without understanding the basics.

Certain persons who I know, they will remain unidentified! lol., thought that they could skip a TON, of "Old Tech.", and just continue from where the idea left off.

They are all re-reading the fuggin books now!

Hahahahah Foolz!

Look as far back as your mind will allow you, the basiscs are still important....................... So important.

The fundamental ppl. are the best in the bizz.

Screw C go with C++
    The mind boggles at the concept of having sexual intercourse with a programming language. Is it the zenith of geekdom that we all aspire to reach? Would appreciate a tutorial..

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I've always been partial to CygWin (Best part: it's Open Source and thus.. free!)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by Abtronic

The mind boggles at the concept of having sexual intercourse with a programming language. Is it the zenith of geekdom that we all aspire to reach? Would appreciate a tutorial..
    Hmm, food for thought. Thank you for the inspiration, I will set forth on my penmanship and title my new book, "Kama 'C'utra".

Pictures and all, for those interested, send me graphic pictures...debugged please.