Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vista release date

Regal Making Handler

Vista release date

From Here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/08...vista_release/

Microsoft has apparently put a date on the release of the next version of its Windows client, Windows Vista.

Users can expect Windows Vista to ship by November 15, 2006 - just in time for the 2006 holiday shopping season, according to WindowsITPro. Microsoft will no doubt hope to cash-in on a consumer PC buying frenzy during the run up to Christmas.
    See the article for full details.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Users can expect Windows Vista to ship by November 15, 2006
    wow only a year left to finish this fine OS ... that's bold ... I wonder if they'll make it ...after all what's a year right ...it's not that its been postponed before ..right <--- Sarcasm intended .

Probably they are allready working on the first Service Pack too.

C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

of course they will make it...they are microsoft

(and by this i mean they will release it unfinished if they have to, gaping holes and all )
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Regal Making Handler
    My my we are a sceptical bunch arn't we, lmao...................

Mind you Pavlov would be proud of the way we are reacting.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

What To Expect With Microsoft Windows Vista
    ---
    http://media2.davesdaily.com/picture...dows-vista.jpg

loool
    a blue screen :P

Hope they make it on time....we gonna have some little fun.. cuz got bored of the current bug and security holes...wow..looking for something new.. think they will be up to the challenge :P

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I've been testing the beta build and there is no shortage of blue screens. Hell, SAV wont even run on it. I do however like that MS stole the look and feel of KDE - bravo!
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Morning Horse13,

Anything positive you've seen with the beta of the OS?

Originally posted here by Aspman
    Morning Horse13,

Anything positive you've seen with the beta of the OS?
    I do however like that MS stole the look and feel of KDE
    That sounds pretty positive to me! What, m$ users are finally getting multiple desktops? Multiple taskbars? And for only $199 upgrade? ROFL. Everyone run out and buy the new hardware required to run this beast and don't forget the new monitor you're going to need for HD content.

They should have just called it Windows XP Service Pack 3.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

What, m$ users are finally getting multiple desktops?
    there is a multiple desktop feature in windows XP... you just need to download it from MS.

The required system resources for Vista alone are enough for me not to want it.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    The required system resources for Vista alone are enough for me not to want it.
    It's a thought which has always been on my mind. Like everyone else I'll probably mump and moan about it and buy it OEM anyway. The home machine will be due a big upgrade about then. Vista will probably make the new machine run slow enough so I don't see any benefit from it.