Thread: Hosting MS OneNote?

Question Hosting MS OneNote?

Okay, I use Microsoft OneNote 2003 for my note-taking at college. My laptop will not work with a battery..for one reason or another, I don't really know or care. I'd prefer not have to carry it around anyways, nevermind hunt for a plug. Now every seat in the school has a computer near it...I'd like to know if there is any way to safely host MS OneNote on the web? I'd like to be able to access it from school, as if I were at home, and be able to open/save documents.

A_T
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

Yep.

Create a shared workspace on a Microsoft Windows® SharePoint Services site, and open the Shared Workspace task pane in a Web browser or another Microsoft Office program.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/onen...dinfo/faq.mspx

Or maybe do a xml markup and post on a IIS box???
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

I'm no webadmin..the most I know how to do is set up Apache or something. How would I go about doing any of that? I have a Windows XP Pro box, and can install IIS if I have to. This box is DMZ Plus as well, so I should be able to access it outside of the network.

A_T

A_T

No Actually you would need 2003 server and a lot of time. You could check out Microsofts propogand site. I played around with SharePoint a bit. bad knock off of lotus notes IMO
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

well i've got 2003 server at my disposal....is that the only way to do it? and if so, is it difficult to do?

A_T

When I was in school, I had a similar situation.

I setup a VPN at home and just logged in through the vpn and then used remote desktop/terminal services. Just like you're sitting in front of it.

We were unable to install any software and had VERY limited privledges... but I was unrestricted on my own box... so I just used them to connect home.

Don't know that much about one note. I have used a tiny bit of it... and I WISH it was around when I was taking classes. I'll have to remember it for next semester.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.