Thread: nexpose

nexpose

How come there are no references on this site about nexpose? Its been around for 3+ years.
    -Producer

maybe no one has used it, or found other solutions that worked better....have you had a great experience with it worth sharing?
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar
    As vulnerability scanner, it's pretty good. I have played around with it...even tried to get the boss to buy into it. Did I get it...NO! My boss said "we're going to use NetIQ (used to be WebTrends). Not that it's a bad product...just hate it when he does stuff like that out of spite. (He's one of those "I'm the Uber Admin, and I'm never wrong types")

F***in' Network Nazi!

If anyone is interested in NeXpose, you can get an eval copy at www.rapid7.com. Eval is good for 10 days for 10 IPs.
    Windows 9x: n. A collection of 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor. Written by a 2 bit company that can\'t stand 1 bit of competition.

Originally posted here by kr5kernel
    maybe no one has used it, or found other solutions that worked better....have you had a great experience with it worth sharing?
    Well it seems pretty in depth. I was looking at a $40 g qoute and wondered if I will get much more then Net IQ, or just a basic GFI Scanner.

I am thinking this may improve our current setup.
    -Producer

hehe, for 40g's I will let some one else test it! Btw, i hope you didnt take my previous post as negative, as I didnt mean it to be.

Check out the eval and you can provide us here with a review.
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

Naw, just saw it strange, and for 40 g's I was hoping to get a good third party review.

Speaking of money, Bind View wants $100,000 +. Ouch
    -Producer

We just recently reviewed NeXpose and I loved the product. The product, in my experience, is similar to Nessus. I think the NeXpose has much better reporting capabilities, and is a little bit better at weeding out false positives. The price tag scared away my management, but I'm still working on it.