View Poll Results: What OS are you running on your Server?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows XP/98/95

0 0%
  • Windows 2000

3 15.79%
  • Windows 2003

5 26.32%
  • BSD

3 15.79%
  • Linux Clarkconnect/SME Server

0 0%
  • Linux Smoothwall/Monowall/etc

0 0%
  • Linux Debian

2 10.53%
  • Linux Slackware

1 5.26%
  • Linux Other

1 5.26%
  • I don't have a server!

4 21.05%

Thread: Possible flaw in RSA and other modulus based encryption algorithms.

Exclamation Possible flaw in RSA and other modulus based encryption algorithms.

I am investigating a possible problem involved in certain modulus based encryption algorithms such as RSA and other encryption algorithms that are modulus based. I was wondering if your could confirm my fears that we have a problem. I have placed a several demos online at RSA Problems Scenario One
    RSA Problems Scenario Two
    An Elliptical Problems Scenario and finally A Rabin Problems Scenario

If I could have you honest opinions about it I would be ablidged. Thanks in advance.

Banned
    I'd think that if you discovered a serious flaw that easily then someone else will probably have discovered it too a long while ago. I could be wrong, of course, and if I am then you, as the one who discovered it, might become quite famous for this discovery.
    But if it was this easy to break, I would be suprised why people never noticed it before.

I only looked at the first one and I'm not really sure what the problem is. Are you saying you can detrmine the modulus? Because that doesnt worry me since the modulus is considered public already and is part of the public key (which anyone can see), so I dont need to guess. Let me know if I missed something.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier