Brazil throws Microsoft Out of the windows

Thread: Brazil throws Microsoft Out of the windows

Brazil throws Microsoft Out of the windows

read this in the new internationalist yesterday evening, and thought it might interest some of you:Brazil has pledged to invest heavily in its own software industry in a bid to keep pace with the technological advance of the developed nations.The government has thrown its weight behind the open-source movement and plans to rid the federal departments of all windows operating systems.Dergio Amadeu,the president of the national institute for information technology, believes that access to computing is the reason for a widening gap between the rich and the poor.He says that open source solutions will enable ppublic access to the services the IT industry provides.
    It seems to be peaceful,but it is incorrect.CATS is still alive.
    Zig-01 must fight CATS again.And down with them completely!

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    Brasil to dump Micro$oft.............................they must be nuts

Go on is a post for you to neg

Serious though PS~ didn't his local county (Redmond?) do the same a few years back?

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    3rd Rock from Sun
    Damn : but that Cacosapo has got to be behind this
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

new internationalist
    do you speak of? ?

I am looking for the artical... or is it a news item in the printed mag.. (which usually dosent appear on the online page)
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me

Also, the state of Massachusetts has decided against using proprietary formats for their documents:

Microsoft Blasts Massachusetts' New 'Office' Policy

Microsoft is lashing out against a revised IT policy planned by Massachusetts that would kill the use of Office in state agencies unless the company adopts the OpenDocument file format.
    By Paula Rooney, CRN
    3:13 PM EDT Fri. Sep. 02, 2005