Thread: Vista != TCP

Regal Making Handler

Vista != TCP

The full article Here:http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09...g_controversy/

Microsoft is dragging its heels about applying guidelines it helped develop for trusted computing to the next version of Windows, according to noted crypto guru Bruce Schneier.
    There is a link in the article to a thread on /. that is worth a look also.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

thanks jinxy.. appreciated the read
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Banned
    This is in no way an attack on you Jinx.

Bruce Schneier?

Are you kidding me? The author of "Secrets and Lies"?? (in my opinion one of the worst, more deluded books every published on the subject... his paper on the TCG is utter garbage as well... I should direct him to my tutorial on the subject)

This guy is less of a "guru" than Steve Gibson.

It is really funny how all one needs to do is spout the security knowledge of your average non-security professional (read programmers & administrators) with a few buzz words and maybe some bright text colors and suddenly you become a guru?

This doesn't mean Microsoft isn't dragging its heels... in fact I am sure they are, they've taken a good idea and made it very, very stupid... but seriously "The Register" is hardly unbiased or reputable and Bruce Schneier?? *vomit*

cheers,

catch

Whoa, thank god. I thought Jinxy was saying that Vista would not support TCP.

Vista != TCP

that's what I was thinking, I thought it might be related to ipv6 or something.
    A buttered piece of bread always lands butter side down;
    A cat always lands on its feet;
    A cat with a buttered piece of bread strapped to its back hovers feet above the ground in a state of quantum indecision