Rehnquist dead at 80

Thread: Rehnquist dead at 80

Rehnquist dead at 80

Full Story

like we dont have enough trouble in this country...
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

********** |ceWriterguy
    Thanks for the 411 Ted, I hadn't heard yet. This really sucks. What sucks worse is his replacement will now be picked by Dubya, confirmed by the Republican dominated Senate, and sit for life or retirement by choice.

We the unwilling, led by the unknowing...
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Thanks for the 411 Ted, I hadn't heard yet. This really sucks. What sucks worse is his replacement will now be picked by Dubya, confirmed by the Republican dominated Senate, and sit for life or retirement by choice.
    <maniacal laughter>Muhahahahahahaha! Now I and my evil minions
    will destroy democracy and rule all the known universe! Muhahahaha!</maniacal laughter>
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

|3lack|ce his replacement was going to be picked by bush no matter what happened but this couldn't have happened at a worse time for our nation.

the way i see it is we're going to have our judicial branch of government partially crippled by 'progressives' trying to promote their own agenda....which most of the people have shown their disapproval of in the last election... which is exactly why we have a conservative majority.

this is America and if the majority wants to go to the left than so be it but it doesn't appear that they do. while the left seems to be saying we are going to go to the left no matter what the majority wants.

sorry all! i dont know how i thought this could be anything but a political discussion....duh! but being a political duscussion im not saying your wrong but rather i choose otherwise.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

What sucks worse is his replacement will now be picked by Dubya, confirmed by the Republican dominated Senate, and sit for life or retirement by choice.
    {rant}

I'm (usually) a Bush supporter. *ducks* That being said, I have a rather long list of things that I disagree with as far as the Supreme court goes... Being appointed for life is at the top of my list. For example, this man served as a judge in the Supreme Ct. until he DIED. Don't you think it might be possible for a person's senses/mind/sanity/ethics to slip away over the course of 20+ years? These people MAKE the law. (For those of you who say they simply interpret the law, go look at a bunch of controversial cases from the past and see how they 'interpreted' the law. It becomes mandatory for every other court in the nation to interpret that law in the same way from then on. They have the power to interpet a law in any way they wish, and thus twist any existing law or even (sort of) create law by setting precedents). They have a substantial amount of power, unrestrained by checks or balances as the other two branches of gov't have. I'd say that combined with a life-long term creates some serious corruption. Gah! This frustrates me. Alright...I'm done.
    {/rant}

sorry all! i dont know how i thought this could be anything but a political discussion....duh!]
    Lol, ewpsie.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    He was a good fair judge who presided over many big cases and always heard both sides of the story, now that he is gone i have heard John Roberts will be Chief Justice but i dont know enough about him or his politics to make an opinion yet. and someone also has to replace Saundra Day O Conner
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted