What firewall would you recommend? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What firewall would you recommend?

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherinfriedler View Post
    I use the best Comodo firewall, it is the award winning personal firewall software on Internet..
    Visit: http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/
    FFS Sher~ this thread is almost 6 YEARS old since it was Hi-Jacked, and EIGHT years since initiated, when the personal FW might have worked, but didn't actually EXIST ........ are you by any chance staff for Comodo? just a hunch and as PERSONAL FW, it isn't up to snuff for corporate environments either
    Last edited by foxyloxley; April 14th, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

I used to have Norton and then avg, one day when I ran the avast antivirus I got about 200 virus(no kidding).
    Now I use Zonealarm (besides the windows firewall) and got almost no problem with virus, the ones I got came from pendrives. Don't know if there is any better firewall, that's the one I use

Which Operating System is installed??

Windows Vista, Win7 & 8 have excellent firewalls and really don't need a 3rd party firewall especially if you are connected to a router that is firewall protected.

XP? Yes! The firewall on XP is only protects you from inbound traffic and if by chance anything did get past that firewall there is nothing to prevent it from escaping.

If you insist on a 3rd party firewall that is included in a full AV suite and is not free, I would recommend Avast Pro 2014.

Otherwise, I would install Avast free and rely on the Windows Firewall.

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    Hi,

You might try Avast! alongside ZoneAlarm firewall...............I have found that they work well together.

However; there is no antivirus for human stupidity
    If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

I use Kaspersky on my Windows 7, and according to the site, it is now compatible with 8!