Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What firewall would you recommend?

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherinfriedler View Post
    I use the best Comodo firewall, it is the award winning personal firewall software on Internet..
    Visit: http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/
    FFS Sher~ this thread is almost 6 YEARS old since it was Hi-Jacked, and EIGHT years since initiated, when the personal FW might have worked, but didn't actually EXIST ........ are you by any chance staff for Comodo? just a hunch and as PERSONAL FW, it isn't up to snuff for corporate environments either
    Last edited by foxyloxley; April 14th, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

I used to have Norton and then avg, one day when I ran the avast antivirus I got about 200 virus(no kidding).
    Now I use Zonealarm (besides the windows firewall) and got almost no problem with virus, the ones I got came from pendrives. Don't know if there is any better firewall, that's the one I use

Which Operating System is installed??

Windows Vista, Win7 & 8 have excellent firewalls and really don't need a 3rd party firewall especially if you are connected to a router that is firewall protected.

XP? Yes! The firewall on XP is only protects you from inbound traffic and if by chance anything did get past that firewall there is nothing to prevent it from escaping.

If you insist on a 3rd party firewall that is included in a full AV suite and is not free, I would recommend Avast Pro 2014.

Otherwise, I would install Avast free and rely on the Windows Firewall.
    Last edited by bestellen; October 19th, 2015 at 04:50 PM.

Hi,

You might try Avast! alongside ZoneAlarm firewall...............I have found that they work well together.

However; there is no antivirus for human stupidity

I use Kaspersky on my Windows 7, and according to the site, it is now compatible with 8!
    Last edited by bestellen; October 19th, 2015 at 04:50 PM.

A firewall is software or hardware that checks information coming from the Internet or a network, and then either blocks it or allows it to pass through to your computer, depending on your firewall settings. Even if you think there's nothing on your computer that would interest anyone, a worm could completely disable your computer, or someone could use your computer to help spread worms or viruses to other computers without your knowledge.

My guess is this isn't a question about commercial firewalls, but I'm going to throw in that a Palo Alto Networks PA-200 is pretty-much the best firewall you can get for home -- yes, its expensive, but you get what you pay for.

How about Outpost Firewall?

There really is no point - you already have a NAT firewall in the router, so even your default OS X firewall is really not doing anything for you. All you would be doing is adding layers of meaningless complexity and running yet more daemons to bog things down, for no real security gain.

Try our product IPBlock. It works on servers running on Windows Server and the major Linux distributions.