Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banners so damn huge!

Banners so damn huge!

Well, when I came on this site... the first thing that brought my attention was that Microsoft banner at the way top.

My suggestion is to at least resize it to something a lot smaller. I have a 1024x768 resolution and it 's waaay too big...

Thanks!

Aven

Hmmmm . . . makes ads smaller so I don't notice them . . . I doubt its suggestion they'll take . . .

/he says coyly, not to bite the hand that feeds . . ./

. . . however, you can take matter into your own hands by installing a couple of nice extensions in Firefox . . .

Originally posted here by hesperus
    Hmmmm . . . makes ads smaller so I don't notice them . . . I doubt its suggestion they'll take . . .

/he says coyly, not to bite the hand that feeds . . ./

. . . however, you can take matter into your own hands by installing a couple of nice extensions in Firefox . . .
    Yeah, I have adblock on FireFox

But even if I do remove the ads, it shows a huge big space =|

And the "Security Products" etc. also take too much space... Mabye it would be good if it was on the main http://antionline.com area instead of these main forums.. that way it's more comfortable browsing the forums...

Aven

The site has to make money somehow, ads and links to products being, well, the only way . . . Of course they are on the front page.

If you turn off javascript, your void will be filled . . .

What banner........as a matter of fact........what advertising?

I know I am being a snob, but you can be also. Just put in place advertising and banner blocking software (free all over the web, and you won't be bothered by those pesky banners and such.

I will not tell you the ones to use, as I feel this a completely individual choice and preference. I will tell you what I am using. I use Firefox and the Proxomotron to block 90-95 %, of all the ads and banners I receive.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I want the damn Ad-free surfing back, something you only got for being a senior member and stuff... it does take alot away from the experience.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

. . . and lets not even START about the colours . . .

Banned
    Did you really dislike that ad for it's size or just because it was for Microsoft? Maybe we need an Adblock that only blocks Microsoft ads. (And perhaps my posts. )

Originally posted here by Katja
    Did you really dislike that ad for it's size or just because it was for Microsoft? Maybe we need an Adblock that only blocks Microsoft ads. (And perhaps my posts. )
    nah, the ad is fine but it's too big. I have to scroll down to start seeing the actual forum because the banners are huge!

Originally posted here by Katja
    (And perhaps my posts. )
    http://www.antionline.com/member2.ph...&userid=198056