Thread: Windows update problem

Windows update problem

For the past 3 weeks I get an message to update windows. So i go to the site and update. (its update KB837009) I download and install it. No problems. But everday i get the same message and I update it. Everytime the same update. Its driving me a bit crazy so..
    Does anyone know how i would fix this?

-DakX-

Operating specs: Windows 98 2 edition
    [T]he future is now.

It's been awhile since I've used Windows 98, but I remember having a similar thing happen.

Does the updates installer require you to reboot when its finished?
    What I'm getting at, is something might be stopping it from finishing the installation.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=789\"A dark angel of sin, preying deep from within...\" - Rob Halford

No i don't have to reboot what is wierd because normally i had to. Nothing stops it because I get a page saying that it was succesfully installed.
    [T]he future is now.

Do you use outlook express, if not do you still have it installed? The reason I am asking is that this update in for outlook express and if you dont have it installed it may not be installing properly.

It is strange however for windows 98 to pick out a specific update and tell you you need it.

I am taking it you have already done a virus, adware and spyware scan?

I have recently done a scan. Nothign was found. I don't have outlook express just normal outlook. Could this be causing the problem. Maybe i should read what it say's :S

Edit: i took a look, the update is for outlook express. That the reason. But now i am stuck with an update that keeps poping up
    [T]he future is now.

Hi,

Go into control panel "add and remove programs" and see if you can uninstall it from there. Also clear your browser history, cache and your temporary files.