Thread: Worst data classifcation ever

Banned

Worst data classifcation ever

https://www.isc2.org/download/resume...e_herforth.pdf

Yes... this is Uwe's resume posted on the (ISC)2 (the organization that created the CISSP). Uwe... in an attempt to present himself as a security expert, he felt it would be a good idea to label his resume (at the top of every page) as if it had been classified as "confidential" and then slapped it up on the internet for the world to view.

cheers,

catch

At least it doesn't have those diagnal "confidential watermarks" in them.

BTW: What ever happened to keeping your resume one page long?
    I don't feel so bad now that mine is three...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

well.... the resumes are put on the internet so that in future hyperlinks from other pages could be pointed to the CV if needed, added with anywhere accessiblity..... But there does not seem to be any point in putting up 'Confidential Resume' Phrase on it.. it is not expected of a certified information system system professional....

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Do we know Uwe?

Also...isn't sharing your DOB online a big no-no? I always thought it was because of the potential for Identity theft. It's simply one more thing you are making easily accessible for the would-be imposter.

Do they post those for all CISSP's, when they pass? Or is it elective? I don't recall reading that my info *would* be shared...

*Shrug*

/* Edit */

https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/content...ory=84#cat0206
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Banned
    I have no idea who Uwe is, beyond his resume anyhow.

(ISC)2 did not elect to share his data... he posted it in the job seeker (positions wanted) section of their site. It would seem to me that Uwe is a fine example of someone who spent a few hundred bucks for the crash course, pass or your money back programs.

cheers,

catch

Re: Worst data classifcation ever

Originally posted here by catch
    https://www.isc2.org/download/resume...e_herforth.pdf

Yes... this is Uwe's resume posted on the (ISC)2 (the organization that created the CISSP). Uwe... in an attempt to present himself as a security expert, he felt it would be a good idea to label his resume (at the top of every page) as if it had been classified as "confidential" and then slapped it up on the internet for the world to view.

cheers,

catch
    People in general tend to abuse classifications, I know an individual who downloaded the DoD's classification guide and tried to properly use it on his own files to get used to the classification process, the only problem is that if anyone did a search for key classification words, they could easily pull down all of his personal banking or financial information within 5 minutes of touching his computer.

Banned
    People in general tend to abuse classifications, I know an individual who downloaded the DoD's classification guide and tried to properly use it on his own files to get used to the classification process, the only problem is that if anyone did a search for key classification words, they could easily pull down all of his personal banking or financial information within 5 minutes of touching his computer.
    As a rule a personal computer should never have anything higher than "private" on it, since "confidential" and above indicate damages to an organization if disclosed rather than an individual.

Also, to attempt the DOD's classifications on a single level system... heh not gonna work too well.

cheers,

catch

Phish: lol, me too....however dont use this guys resume as a guide - has grammar errors.

Zen: Not to mention that in some states/countries it's illegal to ask an applicants age...so it's poor practice (at many levels) to provide it.

What a dope.