explore.exe failure

Thread: explore.exe failure

Red face explore.exe failure

"XP home after log, I get wallpaper, no taskbar, no icons, no start button, and CTL-ESC does NOT bring up start menu..."

where can I download a repair/backup file for explorer.exe. I was being stubborn and din't create a backup copy when changing my start button and some other text.

I even tried going around this problem by ctrl+alt+del, File-> New Task... -> Browse...

and getting to System Restore, and restored to an earlier point, and the problem was still there, so I must get a copy from the internet for Windows XP Home Edition. I donot have the installation CD.

You may have the Windows cab files somewhere on your system.
    Many installations, put all the install files there somewhere. For instance,
    my win98 system has them in C:\windows\options\cabs. XP has a
    better restore capability that previous systems, so you probably have what you
    need right there. Otherwise, maybe a friend has the file...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I have the CD in my car (too lazy to go down right now), but why don't you replace the whole shell since you're f*ed anyways now. Download blackbox, litestep or another shell replacement program. If you don't want to do that, and if nobody has the original/clean explorer.exe file, i'll send it to you later on.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar

Re: explore.exe failure

Originally posted here by Ghost_Shell
    "XP home after log, I get wallpaper, no taskbar, no icons, no start button, and CTL-ESC does NOT bring up start menu..."

where can I download a repair/backup file for explorer.exe. I was being stubborn and din't create a backup copy when changing my start button and some other text.

I even tried going around this problem by ctrl+alt+del, File-> New Task... -> Browse...

and getting to System Restore, and restored to an earlier point, and the problem was still there, so I must get a copy from the internet for Windows XP Home Edition. I donot have the installation CD.
    If you don't have the installation CD does that mean this is a pirated installation?

How do you know the problem is explorer.exe?

Have you tried safe mode?

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

If you don't have the installation CD does that mean this is a pirated installation?
    Doesn't have to be, i didnt get any OS CD with my PC, i got those ONE Restore CD which didn't work for sh*t.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...