Irony at it's worst
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irony at it's worst

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄

Irony at it's worst

Now...just how stupid is this...

White Foragers Report Threat Of Black Looters

NEW ORLEANS—Throughout the Gulf Coast, Caucasian suburbanites attempting to gather food and drink in the shattered wreckage of shopping districts have reported seeing African_Americans "looting snacks and beer from damaged businesses." "I was in the abandoned Wal-Mart gathering an air mattress so I could float out the potato chips, beef jerky, and Budweiser I'd managed to find," said white survivor Lars Wrightson, who had carefully selected foodstuffs whose salt and alcohol content provide protection against contamination. "Then I look up, and I see a whole family of [African-Americans] going straight for the booze. Hell, you could see they had already looted a fortune in diapers." Radio stations still in operation are advising store owners and white people in the affected areas to locate firearms in sporting-goods stores in order to protect themselves against marauding blacks looting gun shops.
    I can just hear the conversation: ' Hey, Billy Bob, let's go geta sum of them there guns and stuff sosa we can pertect erselves frem them looters. ' LOL!

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/40305
    God Outdoes Terrorists Yet Again | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I think the media is being really unfair in their footage when you see someone looting in the news they are usually black and when you see people being given aid they are usually black even though both blacks and whites loot and are in need of aid. I think a reason that you see more blacks doing all that is because statistically they are the poorer ones in New Orleans with no way to get out of the hurricane... its pretty sad really but the media has been unfair.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Banned

Re: Irony at it's worst

Um...............have either of you ever been to NO? It's basically a big welfare city and making babies is the primary job in the projects. Babies they can't even really care for, and babies who definitely don't have college funds. Most are had for extra government cheddar. They needed those diapers.

You're going to see the NO police get back at the real looters when they make them leave their dwellings............When business owners are let back in to inspect their electronic stores you're going to hear real quick what "necessities" were borrowed.

People taking (not looting) staples, necessities, floatation devices, (a few) clean clothes and things for survival............all legal and I doubt we'll see prosecutions.

I saw plenty of thieves taking luxury items; think about the thousands of useless electronics that we didn't see stolen. Well.....................the PD is going to find all that **** stacked up in the houses in the ghettos. Typical..........real ghettos are universal and so are the people in them.

It all comes down to how you were raised.

The Onion that's a great source! lol

Banned
    When you're poor, anything of value can be a life-saver. You can steal some expensive TV, for example, and then trade it with someone else for food, clean water, medicines and whatever more. For poor people, expensive items are as good as cash. Too bad that NO apparantly shows that most poor people happen fall in the same ethnic group. Worse that many people think this is just normal...

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    There was a young chap (Scottish) who has been at the dome and had just landed back home.
    He was being interviewed by the media and he was talking abou the bullying in the dome and how he had been subjected to racial abuse from the black refugees. He also talked about how some black people in the queues for water etc had been talking about getting guns and killing all the white people.

There were some better stories about how people had banded together to stay safe and look after each other but it seams to have been 'hell on earth' for those who were stuck there.

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi Imitation,

I think the irony flew over your head this time...white guys ' looting ' bud, potato chips, beef jerky, and an air mattress...complaining about black guys ' looting ' beer and diapers.

White Foragers Report Threat Of Black Looters
    Funny how it's called looting for blacks but foraging for whites.

Eg

The media is spinning it like whites take things because they 'have to' while blacks take things because they 'want to'. It's ridiculous, race should not even be an issue with a disaster like this.

Bud, chips, beef jerky, diapers, and an air mattress all sound like things one might need in a time like this.
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

Originally posted here by Katja
    When you're poor, anything of value can be a life-saver. You can steal some expensive TV, for example, and then trade it with someone else for food, clean water, medicines and whatever more. For poor people, expensive items are as good as cash. Too bad that NO apparantly shows that most poor people happen fall in the same ethnic group. Worse that many people think this is just normal...
    The problem most urban poor have is that they in fact, do not do that. Most spend all of their money on superficial items they can't afford trying to hold the semblence of being wealthy. What's ironic, is that regardless of how stylishly you're dressed, nobody is going to think of you as being anything other than "ghetto" while you live there.

Originally posted here by Aspman
    There was a young chap (Scottish) who has been at the dome and had just landed back home.
    He was being interviewed by the media and he was talking abou the bullying in the dome and how he had been subjected to racial abuse from the black refugees. He also talked about how some black people in the queues for water etc had been talking about getting guns and killing all the white people.

There were some better stories about how people had banded together to stay safe and look after each other but it seams to have been 'hell on earth' for those who were stuck there.
    I honestly wouldn't doubt it. Three of my four high schools had a white minority and near 50% black population. I didn't have a problem with that, but they seemed to....That's not just a cursory observation either. One thing I found so frustrating is how Black Americans talk so much about how color shouldn't be an issue, but I literally would here ethnicity brought up in every other sentence, regardless of the topic. It's like I turned off the Chappelle Show and went to bed, but when I woke up the next morning and arrived at school I was still watching it.
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

Banned
    Originally posted here by Evil Moo
    The problem most urban poor have is that they in fact, do not do that. Most spend all of their money on superficial items they can't afford trying to hold the semblence of being wealthy. What's ironic, is that regardless of how stylishly you're dressed, nobody is going to think of you as being anything other than "ghetto" while you live there.
    I have my doubts about that, though. Who are we to know what other do and don't need?
    Keep in mind that there are cultural differences here too. Appearing poor could be considered extremely shamefull in some communities. Being poor is bad enough, appearing to be the poorest is worse.
    And we all have superficial items in our own homes, no matter how rich we are ourselves. And I wonder, about what kind of superficial items are we talking anyway?

Originally posted here by Katja
    I have my doubts about that, though. Who are we to know what other do and don't need?
    Keep in mind that there are cultural differences here too. Appearing poor could be considered extremely shamefull in some communities. Being poor is bad enough, appearing to be the poorest is worse.
    And we all have superficial items in our own homes, no matter how rich we are ourselves. And I wonder, about what kind of superficial items are we talking anyway?
    New 20" chrome rims for your car instead of paying the rent. The $110 pair of shoes that simply sit in the box in your closet along with all the other equally expensive shoes you bought but never wear to "keep them freash". The masses of money spent on clothing and jewelry assessories yet walk to the Welfare office every week because you "can't support yourself". Throwing away $50-100 at night clubs every other weekend instead of having health coverage for your family. Throwing away extra money on miscillaneous junk versus saving it or putting it toward community college.

I consider those things superficial.

I would definately agree that the problem is cultural, however, when your wearing a (roughly) $250 onsaumble (sp?) on any given day yet you collect Welfare checks, you are the source of your own plight. Sure, your pride might hurt for alittle bit, but then again, you're living in a ghetto. Riddle me this; Who will feel better about themselves--The guy dressed head to toe in Sean Jean and "ice" watching his friend move out to the suburbs, or the mediocrely dressed individual packing his things away?
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic