View Poll Results: Yep she's a dying, time to pull out the trusty shovel and bury her alive

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Faulty

2 20.00%
  • Not Faulty

0 0%
  • 5 Bucks if you eat it.

8 80.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your screen, your eyes...

Banned

Your screen, your eyes...

Am just wondering how many members are wearing glasses or contact lenses. And if you think if this is related to looking at a PC monitor for too many hours per day.
    And of course, security also means keeping your eyes healthy so any advise about possible dangers about computer monitors and their influence on your eyes?
    Would an LCD screen be a better option than an old-model monitor?

Hey i've got my monitor with an anti-glare screen fixed for the purpose of care of my eyes. Its a must to take care of ur eyes. You should wash ur eyes every 3 hrs of contineous computing. It helps in concentration and reduces the stress on eyes.

Its a very valid poll as computers are blamed by most parents for causing damage to eyes of kids.

By the way i dont use glasses or contact lenses. My eyes r good.
    \"The Smilie Wars\" ... just arrived after the great crusades

.... computers come to the rescue .... ah technology at last has some use.

AOs Resident Troll
    My eyes are getting tired.....age I guess

My doctor told me to move my monitor further away...

Or get a bigger one...

So I did both

MLF

On a more serious note...refresh rate may help
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I wear contacts but I recently bought some expencive glasses because contacts dry out and go all weird when I use the computer for prolonged periods of time, so I kinda need them to do my job, that and I am blind as a bat without my contacts >.<

TFTs are better than CRTs in most cases, one being that CRTs acctualy irradiates you.....tiny amount but its always fun to remind people that CRTs with by Beta emission.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

i've been in front of computers all of my life. i think my vision problems are hereditary. my prescription has been the same for several years now.
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

Kwiep
    TFTs are better than CRTs in most cases, one being that CRTs acctualy irradiates you.....tiny amount but its always fun to remind people that CRTs with by Beta emission.
    lol, like the one-and-a-half electron that gets past the membrane ... I get more radation from a glass of water
    Double Dutch

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Your screen, your eyes...

Originally posted here by Katja
    Am just wondering how many members are wearing glasses or contact lenses.
    I use glasses, but don't wear them on a regular basis , only when required

Originally posted here by Katja

And if you think if this is related to looking at a PC monitor for too many hours per day
    I feel that reducton in vision is more to do with the aging process ( I should know ) than sitting in front of a monitor all day, although it may have some effect . Any optician members want to comment?

Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Neel, I know But its funny to see people get fussy about it since Beta emission has a penetration range of ca 20cm....even IF it makes it through the glass.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Originally posted here by Noia
    Beta emission has a penetration range of ca 20cm....even IF it makes it through the glass.
    In air yes.. but it won't even go thrue a single sheet of (standard 80g) paper..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I wear glasses but it's not because of the computer, I've worn glasses almost all my life (since kindergarten). About 85% of my fathers side wears glasses so I'll say I got it from them.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!